DODGE RAM FORUM banner

factory dents?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Rutger34 
#1 ·
is their such thing as factory dents? i have had mt truck for about a month noow truck hasn't really gone anywhere yet love driving it but hat to drive it lol its an evil circle don't want to put miles rock chips etc on it but after washing it a few times I've noticed a couple of little dents in the doors their not very noticeable but I'm very picky i found one on my driver side rear door towards the front of it smaller than a penny but its their then this past week noticed one on the passenger side front door towards the back of it. their not huge but its a new truck like to keep it that way for awhile at least so dd i accumulated these dents over parking lots or rocks or could they of been their from factory just noticing them now.

#2 ·
It is possible the dents were there from the factory and you are just noticing them now. I have seen everything over the years in the dealership.

It is also possible that some jerks have not been careful when opening doors when parked beside you.

Either way, I would be sure that no dealer would own up and take care of the dents under warranty, it is too easy to blame a person opening their door causing them and I say this as a Service Manager myself.

#3 ·
is their a way to remove these dents (auto body) would their be any point? would hate to already have to get a dint removed and repainted on a new truck but also hate having the dents on the new truck. what would dbe best to do remove or leave and if removed what are my options their

#4 ·
There are a tonne of paintless dent removal places nowadays. I would google your area for paintless dent removal and get a quote from them. They are usually much cheaper than a bodyshop and there is no repainting required.

#7 ·
I hear ya -- I have a dent in my passenger front door-- at first I was pi$$ed off when I saw it, then I remembered the time a few weeks back that I backed my wifes caliber into the driveway to the right of my Ram-- and I opened her drivers door to a big BUMP.. I silently curse myself whenever I see that dent,, #$#%@@!!!!!

I am going to look into paintless dent repair as well....

#8 ·
I like the whole service manager on deck Rutger lol but unfortunately I have some as well but you can tell they're from some idiot, I boughtmy truck and later noticed them as well... Just watch where you park, i noticed the other day a man(not large in size) had to open up his door all the way to get in and BAM he hit the car next to him, I was going to tell him off but he's prolly to stupid to realize it or he would've never done it

#9 ·
I figure you have the first week tops to get warranty on small dents. When I pickup a new truck, I usually am detailing it within the first couple of days. I do this to get rid of the last of the shipping guff, and to inspect it carefully in a casual environment. I also take an insane amount of pictures at high resolution from every conceivable angle so I have something to refer back to if I notice an issue down the road. :)

#10 ·
I agree, great to have a service manager on board Rutger34 and it does sound like in this case paintless dent repair would be the way to go. Been a lot of complaints recently on how thin the sheet metal is on the newer trucks but there's plenty of threads on that lol.

- Cajun

#11 ·
Thanks for the props. I enjoy giving my opinion as a Service Manager. Most of what I reply will be from my experience dealing with issues and dealing with Chrysler directly. What is right and wrong I can't always say, what really happens is totally a different story. Believe me when I say that I get pi**ed at Chrysler too when they won't step up sometimes to help me help a customer.

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.