DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#203 ·
Yes, most definitely warranty. My apologies that you are going to have to come back for the repair. I will make sure that it gets done quickly when it comes back for the rack.

Yeah, Matt is a great guy, very positive. He has been a great addition to my team. You can always deal directly with Matt if you like from now on. I try to let our customers know that they can build a relationship with our advisors and with that, a level of trust.

Keep in touch on the repairs and anything else that you need.

#205 ·
dropped truck off yesterday morning! got a call at like 11 saying it was done... got there and i got a nice surprise, it was WASHED!! haha nice little new years present!

TOWER = A+ and matt deserves a raise! haha

truck handles better now and no clunking!! woot

#206 ·
Glad to hear that is went smoothly. Matt is an awesome employee. I am glad to have him. I am glad that we got the truck washed for you as well. We can't always get it done but we try. Let me know if you need anything else.

Baron - Tower Chrysler Service Manager.

#208 ·
still have a bit of a clunk noise.. during acceleration and stop points.. maybe my strut is gone... sounds like my ion did when i blew the strut...

btw, thanks for the help debadging the truck chris!! appreciate it bud!!

#209 ·
let me know when a good time for you is for me to get the guys at the shop to take a look again for you. Sorry that we didn't get it right the first time but I am sure that we will get it quiet for you.

Baron

#213 ·
Hope all you guy's here in Calgary are keeping warm in this Arctic weather we are having. Should be a good test for the truck's. So far so good for mine, just showing low tire pressure in the mornings....

#216 ·
My truck did not pass the test this morning unfortunately, started it up and the Navigation system and the uConnect were both pooched. The error message on the Nav screen (730N) said there was an issue with the database being disconnected.

Not a big deal, minor annoyance. Called the dealership and the service lady I spoke to said there has been lots of calls for "weird things" today.

Booked in an appt for Wednesday for them to have a look.

Sure do love the heated seats and steering wheel though!

#215 · (Edited)
hey rutger can you look into something for me if you have time:

I have an 11' Sport 4x4 and I was wondering of the knuckles and spindles are sized correctly to mount brembos on.

I have a set to install on my Challenger which I have to swap out the knuckles and spindles to SRT ones to get them to mount, which I am doing this weekend,

I have a second set now that I would like to put on the truck but will I have to change out my spindles and knuckles on the truck to get a set to fit on my truck?

#219 ·
Just to kick off the whole Edmonton Calgary rivalry. It's not cold down there! Drive 3 hours north and we will show you what cold is really about! You should have a chinook roll through any minute now and warm it back up! :D

I have to agree with BDG though, the heated seats and steering wheel are awesome in this cold snap.

#221 ·
i dont have heated anything.. :(

i dunno about you, but i think -40* is pretty flippin cold! ha

Yeah -40 is cold, too bloody cold!!!! Especially with the winter we have had so far. A 30 degree swing in temp over 2 days is too much too soon!

#224 ·
My apologies. With the cold weather, the shop has been pretty busy. I will get some info to you asap.

Cheers.

#230 ·
Just reading alot of the posts on here and im impressed with all the topics:smileup::smileup:. For them that do have heated seats you all seem happy with them, me not so happy:i_rolleyes::i_rolleyes:

Mine stays in the garage and ill start it up, let it run for 10 mins then start up the wifes mini and hit the heated seat button , take the dog for a quick pee, he doesnt like the cold...lol, all of 2 mins hers is toasty and mine still cold..
I work up in country hills and bye the time i get to Stoney trail I feel the warmth on me cold arse..

Asked the dealer to check it out when it was in for a service and they got a bloke in who fits them to test it, and he said it was fine.
He also compaired it to another truck and said that was the same....

But the heated steering wheel has to be turned off once I get outa he street... Too hot but great to have...:smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up:

I know this is abit long winded but I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. Keep up the good work fells...:smileup::smileup:

#234 ·
Just reading alot of the posts on here and im impressed with all the topics:smileup::smileup:. For them that do have heated seats you all seem happy with them, me not so happy:i_rolleyes::i_rolleyes:

Mine stays in the garage and ill start it up, let it run for 10 mins then start up the wifes mini and hit the heated seat button , take the dog for a quick pee, he doesnt like the cold...lol, all of 2 mins hers is toasty and mine still cold..
I work up in country hills and bye the time i get to Stoney trail I feel the warmth on me cold arse..

Asked the dealer to check it out when it was in for a service and they got a bloke in who fits them to test it, and he said it was fine.
He also compaired it to another truck and said that was the same....

But the heated steering wheel has to be turned off once I get outa he street... Too hot but great to have...:smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up:

I know this is abit long winded but I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. Keep up the good work fells...:smileup::smileup:

Near as I can figure - the computer might control how fast it comes on, if your starting it in the garage - it may sense that it shouldn't turn on too quick or too much - I keep mine outside and it seems to come up pretty quick on real cold days - not so fast on the iffy ones. I live just off 78th and by the time I hit Deerfoot < 4 minutes, it is toasty. I was confused by the dual heat ranges at first - make sure both lights are showing - if you have that option.

#233 ·
Just became a card carrying Dodge ram member on the weekend! All Black Longhorn 1500 with ramboxes. Loving it so far!

Me also - got the fold trim on the bottom - I need to find a place for the Chrome bug deflector and mud flaps that has a REASONABLE price - I'm not seeing the value in paying 170 bucks for deflector and 135 bucks a swet for flaps - I could be wrong - but I'm thinking there has to be a better place to buy than the dealer.

Anyone try the ones from Crappy Tire?
I'm in the Huntington area.

Cheers !

#232 ·
Welcome!

I got back from the north during the retardedly cold snap we had. Truck had sat for a whole week, so I was figuring it'd have a tough time getting started at -39C, but I'm very pleased with my Optima battery, it cranked it over very quickly, and aside from the usual cold serp belt noise, all was good in the world. A heated steering wheel would be an awesome option, but I'll just stick with my aftermarket seat warmers; I can't run them on high, it's too hot on the caboose, but the fiancee loves them, even in the summer, I swear, she's never warm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.