DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Would i be able to use flowmaster super 10s?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Ryanb 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 4.7l and i was wondering if i'd be able to put the Flowmaster super 10 series in place of the muffler that came with the AT exhaust system. Would i just have to weld it in and will the inlet/outlet sizes work? I can get it as a single in/dual out which i have. Would this muffler make it louder?

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/65A6736A0A0.aspx

#2 ·
The super 10 will be extremely loud. 40 series is about as loud/bearable for a daily/highway driver. The drone would be insane IMO. That being said, if you can handle the drone, go for it. If you are after super loud, maybe try cutouts? To answer your question, yes, you can run a 10 series. Any muffler shop can tailor the opening of the muffler to tailor your vehicle if necessary. If you go this route please post up a sound clip. I'm definitely curious how a super 10 will sound on our 4.7!

#3 ·
Will do :) with the American Thunder now i feel like there is no drone at all and i want it louder while keeping my cats on and stock headers. I was also thinking of doing true duals with the super 10s aswell but i think that would be obnoxiously loud. Also what muffler is on the American thunder system?

#6 ·
Do you by any chance have a video of what it sounds like? Also do you have the race series or performance series?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.