DODGE RAM FORUM banner

6" pro comp lift with 37's ?

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  CHADDER03 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 quad cab sport and I will be installing the 6" procomp lift. The local dealership is installing these lifts with 18" rims and 35's. So in the spirit of trying to be different I'm looking at procomp 7047 series wheels 20x9 with 5.25 backspacing and would like to install 37" tires. Problem I'm having is that lift call a max tire size of 37 12.5 and these are not easy to find in a 20. Has any one ran a 37 13.5 20 with my backspacing and not had any normal driving rubbing?

#5 ·
damn that truck is sexy i donno why you got rid of it

#9 ·
the super swamper vortrac comes in a 12.5. bfg offers it in the at and km2. yokohama has them in both mt and at. as long as your not looking for e rated tires you should have no problems finding them.

#10 ·
I just went through all of this. it was brutal i spent a couple days at the parts store with the guy trying to figure out how this was going to work and what was instock. to run 37x13.5 your best to go with a 20in wheel with at the very most a 5in backspace. now that all depends on whether the tire is actually 13.5, i found a lot of them if you look at the specs are closer to 14. i personally went with super swamper m16's 37x13.5r20 and the wheels have a 4.5in back space and a -12 offset. the way the tires stick out looks awesome its not to far but not sucked in to much. the only rubbing issue i had was the plastic stone gaurd on the driver side rocker panel rubbed a bit so i trimmed it back a bit. the only time it rubbed was when the wheel was turned half way i was braking and pulling into a store with a roadside curb. so not really a big deal but still an issue. what ever you do dont go with 35's. i find they just look way to small, even the 37's dont look that big on there. as far as the lifts go i went with the skyjacker and the guy who install it was extremely impressed, even the alignment was barely out after. it keeps all factory geometery and the ride height is level where as a lot of lifts still leave the front sagged down. i did a hell of a lot of research on the lifts and it came down to procomp superlift and skyjacker. all seemed to be in close quality but in the end personally the skyjacker won hands down.
hope that helps

#13 ·
i just went through all of this. It was brutal i spent a couple days at the parts store with the guy trying to figure out how this was going to work and what was instock. To run 37x13.5 your best to go with a 20in wheel with at the very most a 5in backspace. Now that all depends on whether the tire is actually 13.5, i found a lot of them if you look at the specs are closer to 14. I personally went with super swamper m16's 37x13.5r20 and the wheels have a 4.5in back space and a -12 offset. The way the tires stick out looks awesome its not to far but not sucked in to much. The only rubbing issue i had was the plastic stone gaurd on the driver side rocker panel rubbed a bit so i trimmed it back a bit. The only time it rubbed was when the wheel was turned half way i was braking and pulling into a store with a roadside curb. So not really a big deal but still an issue. What ever you do dont go with 35's. I find they just look way to small, even the 37's dont look that big on there. As far as the lifts go i went with the skyjacker and the guy who install it was extremely impressed, even the alignment was barely out after. It keeps all factory geometery and the ride height is level where as a lot of lifts still leave the front sagged down. I did a hell of a lot of research on the lifts and it came down to procomp superlift and skyjacker. All seemed to be in close quality but in the end personally the skyjacker won hands down.
Hope that helps

pics please!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.