DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Weight of stock front chrome bumper?

7K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  airforce26yrs 
#1 ·
I am toying with the idea of an aftermarket front bumper since mine is now bent. Does anyone know how much the stock chrome one weighs (2015 Lone Star/Big Horn one, it has fogs and sensors)? The Ranch hand I am looking at is 135lbs, model # BSD13HBL1. Yes I know I would lose the sensors. This one does retain the stock tow hooks and fog lights.

#3 ·
Wow, only 40lbs? That seems so light. But good to hear you didn't lose much. Any specs on how much your new one weighs? Love the look!

#4 ·
The specs show 185 LBS. Scroll down to see specs.

http://fabfours.com/product/black-steel-elite-front-bumper-12/

It did not come with the light mounts, had to make them then have them welded on then took it to a shop for stripping and repowder coating.

It might not be even 40 Lbs. When I think about carrying a 40 lb bag of softener salt it seemed like it might have been lighter, but maybe not.

#5 ·
You don't need to lose the sensors, just drill holes in the new bumper
just spread the sensors outwards more if you are going to have a bumper mounted winch
You would not want it sensing the winch as an obstacle, like dropping the tailgate sets off the rear sensors

#6 ·
Don't know if that would work. The company states that the sensors won't work on this bumper, I think because of the upright pieces as they stick out some from where the sensors would be mounted. I called them and they do make a bumper that the sensors work on but it costs about twice as much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.