DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Magnum RT Running Boards

1K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  kdm 
#1 ·
Hey all, just wondering if any one out there has had any luck with having the Mopar moulded splash guards and running the Magnum RT running boards as well.. Do they fit? It's hard to tell in all the photos I've found online, thanks!

#5 · (Edited)
here is a few pics of the truck with the new magnum rt running boards installed, pretty happy with them, only thing is when i pulled them out of the box i noticed a few scratches on the boards, nothing crazy, but noticeable for me. and also as you can see in the third picture they are slightly bowed not sure what thats all about... over all pretty happy with them, i just need a bit of a lift now!

Attachments

#7 ·
Thanks for the pictures. They look great! I'm ordering some today.

I just traded in my truck that's the same color as yours for one in max steel. I already miss the blue. I love that color! I guess change is good, but I hope I don't regret it in a few months.

#8 ·
nice! I bought mine used, and at first was hesitant with the blue, but it didn't take long for it to grow on me, I love it now and I get TONS of compliments on the colour.. Good luck with the running boards, as for mine i bought them from autoanything and had them shipped to an american address and picked them up instead of shipping as these things are HEAVY :smileup:

#9 ·
A quick update for anyone else out there that might be interested in these boards.

They look well built and overall I'm happy with them. The step is a bit further in than the OEM bars so it takes some getting used to finding them when getting out of the truck, but after using them for a few days I'm getting used to it. If you're looking for an alternative to stock, these are a good option

Attachments

#10 ·
I thought I'd leave some feedback on durability of these step bars for anyone else considering them.

After one winter of use and 15000km, the leading edges of the steps are heavily pitted and rusting. I haven't driven on gravel roads and my truck has dodge OEM splash guards, so the steps weren't exposed to extreme conditions. The "powder coat" they claim to have on them is not very durable.

I wouldn't advise buying these unless your truck stays on asphalt and doesn't see winter roads with sand and salt, or you're prepared to do lots of maintenance. I think I'll try some bed liner on the leading edges to see if that's more durable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.