DODGE RAM FORUM banner

More Mat/Liners decisions considering the rear floor storage boxes.

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  joeyg 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm on the cusp of ordering my Ram 1500 Sport Crew & have to decide which floor liners I'm going to go with this time around.

I've owned both the Husky Weatherbeaters & the Weathertech Digital Fit & like both, but prefer the Weatherbeaters.

I'd get the Weatherbeaters in a heartbeat for the Ram but I'm concerned how they will sit on top of the rear floor storage boxes. The Weatherbeaters have little plastic prongs (100's of them) on the bottom of the liner to keep it firmly in place.

I'm wondering if with the floor box storage the better route would be the Husky Xact Contours that are made of rubber.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz6UeAQ4-mg

Looking for other people's experiences on this.

#2 ·
I went with the weathertech in the front and the stock carpet mats in the rear. I built a platform in the rear to level the floor out so the carpet on the floor of the truck doesn't ever see any action. If I didn't have the platform back there I would have done the weathertech back there as well. I've never tried or seen the Husky's so I can't chime in on those. The stock carpet mats have those little flexable prongs on them to keep them in place and it doesn't seem to effect the doors on the cargo boxs. Are the prongs on the Huskys flexable or rigid, hard plastic prongs?

#3 ·
The Weatherbeaters have pretty hard, prickly prongs.

The Xact Contours are rubbery so probably have more give to them.

#4 ·
I have the Weathertech liners. Front and rear. I find they fold up very easily to access the storage boxes. Even if the Huskys folded as easily (I cannot attest) I have had other floor mats with those sharp points and they would definitely rough up the back of your hand. In other words, when you fold themback and open the compartments, I do find my hand touching the back of the liners sometimes. Hope that helps.

#5 ·
I have the Huskies front and back on Vinyl flooring. The rear liners are pretty soft and stay put much better than the front do.

#6 ·
Are they the plastic Weatherbeaters or the rubber Xact Contours?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.