DODGE RAM FORUM banner

After market bedliner

4K views 40 replies 25 participants last post by  Hermes1 
#1 ·
What is the best aftermarket bed liner to install in the ram 1500 standard bed and what is the cost?

#3 ·
I used herculinar and love it. Easy to put on and so far it's holding up great. I like that the texture is so rough that nothing slides around in the bed.

#4 ·
I have a BedRug in the bed of my Sport R/T. I don't haul a bunch, but reading the reviews and company claims seems like a good liner for my needs.

#6 ·
+1 for the bed rug. If you have not read up on it, it is not actually carpet/rug material. It wont absorb water so you can wash it as normal or power wash it. I don't haul a lot other than my two dogs. Its soft on the knees when crawling around back there too. Comfortable enough to camp out on. I got the Mopar version of the bedrug that comes with the Ram logo. It was actually cheaper for me to get that through the dealership than the bedrug logo one from manufacturer.

Attachments

#7 ·
+2 for the bed rug. Mine was the mopar version as well. I've had it in for a year and it's great. My last Ram had the Line-x spray in liner and I was having issues of fading and tearing after a year and it was twice as much as the mopar rug. A bonus of the rug is on a warm day I can lay down and have a snooze on it. Very comfy.

#12 ·
Love my BedRug. I too got the Mopar one with the Ram logo. I would get a tonneau cover though as even though it does dry relatively quickly.....it will hold in moisture. Best part about it is that it is easy to put in yourself and things do not slide around on it. It's like having a giant car trunk. If I hauled a lot of gravel or things like that....I would get a spray in liner but I really don't so it's fine for my needs. It's soft so it protects my golf clubs, ski gear and camping gear perfectly.

I WOULD NOT get one of those plastic drop in liners. They scrape the living daylights out of the paint and can cause rust issues.

#13 ·
I would say it depends on how you plan to use your bed. If like me basically a large trunk, the Bedrug is excellent. On the other hand if you plan to frequently load dirt, rocks etc., I would go with one of the painted on bedliners such as Line-X. While the Bedrug claims to be up to the task of handling such things, it is a pain to remove the debris.

#14 ·
on my last truck i had the Dodge factory plastic drop in liner. While is protects the bed from dents and scratches, it is quite slippery when wet and in the winter (not that you have that problem in CA) so things really slide around a lot.

I will likely get a spray in liner like Line-X, the bed rug wouldn't do it for me hauling wood etc in the winter time. For now I have the rubber drop in mat that I picked up used to keep things from sliding around and scratching the paint :smileup:

#15 ·
I installed the BedRug... and love it!!! So far I've hauled pretty delicate stuff (furniture and the like) and the no-slide feature of this is brilliant.

Check out the videos showing the installation and the items this thing is supposed to be able to handle.

#19 ·
I used to sell all this stuff. The plastic bed liners are really hard on the truck bed, almost as hard as having nothing in the bed. The bed rugs look nice but its carpet so every time you haul anything that sheds you have to vacuum the heck out of it to get it clean again. I personally use a rubber bed mat and a plastic gate cover.
The spray in liners look like they would work very well if you can get over how bad they look.

#29 ·
On my new '14 Laramie, I had a spray-in liner done and then installed a BedRug bottom and tailgate mat. The BedRug covers the floor of the bed, but not the sides. It meets the needs of saving knees and keeping stuff from sliding around and looks really nice, but is easy to remove with the Velcro for hauling deer, firewood, trash, etc. I know the bedrug can be cleaned, but my hose is frozen from November to April in Wisconsin and it is easier to just take it out. A spray-in should be about $350 and the bedrug base and tailgate cover for over a spray-in liner was $200 I think.

#32 ·
My vote goes to Dualliner. You get the best aspects of the drop-in liner with none of the downsides. The sides are basicaly the same as a drop-in but the bottom is a rubber mat. NO sliding! Which is an issue for most all others, including the bedrug. you will roll a cinderblock before it will slide. No, I dont work for them, just love the product. It took less than ten minutes to install and cost about $350.

#40 · (Edited)
I know this is more of a bedrug thread...but I'll add a +1 to the DualLiner. I didn't want to purposely tear up the paint to have it sprayed, I didn't want spray because it can dent (albeit difficult) and it tears up furniture and bloodies your knees, and drop-in's are a pain, and as mentioned the bedrug is hard to clean if you haul dirt gravel or anything that can get into the rug - and like the spray in application, i wasn't fond of sticking strips of velcro to the bed to secure the bedrug - that'd be fun getting that off if you ever wanted to.

Dualliner is also made in USA - if your into that. I paid around $325 after I gave them a video review and they gave me $50 in visa cards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.