DODGE RAM FORUM banner

problem with superchips

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Willsdodge 
#1 ·
hey guys i bought a used superchips 3865 programmer for my 99 dodge ram 1500 5.9L and the tune worked but when i go to change tire height to correct my speedometer it says "unable to adjust tire height. No ABS module present on vehicle". i have ABS on my truck tho and my dash isnt throwin any abs lights to say its not workin properly so how do i fix this?!?! one of the main reasons i bought it was to fix my speedometer cause its off by about 7mph.

can anybody help me with this please??

#2 ·
I did the same on my 05, changed the tire size and put in a tune. But because I don't know your truck specifically, the only advice I can offer is to call SuperChips and have one of their CS agents help you.

#3 ·
they just said there is something wrong with my truck and nothing with their programmer... pretty much said im sol

#5 ·
what you mean by that grub? return it to stock and try again? or is there codes/files somewhere i need to clear? i did return it to stock once and updated it online and then retried it and still didnt work :LOL:

#6 ·
Return it to stock, check for any updates, update them and reinstall it.

If it's still the same, contact SuperChips and ask to speak with Ron in the technical department or email him thru the method below.

That comment earlier you made about SuperChips not being helpful, I don't get. My experience over the years has been anything but that.

RRAPP@SUPERCHIPS.COM
1-888-227-2447
8AM - 5PM EST.

#7 ·
ok il call monday and ask for Ron then. the people i talked to said they get this complaint multiple times per day and that with some trucks it works and some dont... didnt give me any advice on how to fix it or what to do so hopefully that isnt true cause id really like to get this corrected before i get a speeding ticket

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.