DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Let's See Your Ram Working!

129K views 797 replies 181 participants last post by  NevadaMike 
#1 ·
Helped a friend haul hay for his hobby farm.

Crappy cell phone pic...

26 square bales. It just softened the ride out a little...:smiley_thumbs_up:

So gang, let's see pics of your trucks doing what trucks were originally built for...hauling stuff!

See less See more
Reactions: DOZER
#541 ·
That is a good looking 3rd gen UpgradedHardware! Most of the ones I see are not in near as good of shape.

#544 ·
Alright, this is how we haul hay

... and mattresses.
40 square bales stacked high on the 2006 5.7 Hemi~ yeah, he really squatted down, but other than that, didn't complain at all.
As for the mattresses, the guy that was 'loading' them told us that there was no way they would all fit, so we did it ourselves.

Attachments

#551 ·
Canadian Hemi Pride - I know every job has it's good points and bad. I think your co-workers are just plain flat out chicken to drive the new Ram. I know trucks like that can be a pain in parking lots, but I would think the owners of the RV dealership would hate to see money just sitting around wasting away. :wavey:

#552 ·
Well my dad is the controller :LOL:. He doesnt mind it right now as the truck isnt really needed yet for a few more weeks and our other trucks are both long boxes. We are still waiting on the 5" fifth wheel rails to come in because they are on backorder. We also have to get another alloy adjustable drop hitch but a 2.5" instead of 2" for the bigger hitch. Or we may just use the sleeve, but still need to grab another adjustable. We are just taking our time getting it all ready for the season. Just had the ford in the shop getting maintenance done after a rough winter of plowing. The hemi is in the shop now getting all its stuff fixed up for renewal of its commecial vehicle sticker. Are stuck waiting on a rear door handle latch. So its been there for 5 days for a latch lol. The 2014 so far has had 6" runnin boards added, hood bug guard, bed line-x'd and a fifth wheel hitch put on. The stock tailgate is now wrapped in bubble wrap and stored in the tech washroom lmao.

#571 ·
Well unfortunately I didn't have my phone on me at the time so I don't have any pics, but this afternoon I got called to be on a working party (yes officers get put on working parties) and got to haul a load of sandbags around.

#573 ·
Both trucks look awesome, and its a Cummins, it best win :LOL: Hell our 3500 I loaded 900 pounds of salt bags on the second day we had it and you couldn't tell the bed even had moved.

This man wins the no squat challenge. Customers hired him to pick up their new 39 foot park model. Weighs in at around 10,000-11,000 pounds. I have hooked a twin version of it onto my truck before just to move it 5 mins, and it squated. Now this guy rolls in with his 04 1500. This is the trailer fully set up on just a 2 5/16" ball. No weight distribution or helpers.

#577 ·
Of course I forgot to snap a pic, but I finally finished the landscape timbers for my kids playground by picking up (12) 4"x4"x10' pressure treated lumber at Lowe's. I was happy with my 6'4" bed length that's for sure! The guy who helped me load the truck was impressed with the RAM. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#578 ·
26' travel trailer, 31 feet overall. Approximately 7800 pounds.

Who says lifted trucks can't tow? You just need the right setup to do it :smileup:

The real test will be tomorrow night once I load up 1000 pounds or so of tools/gear in the box of the truck and fill the trailer up with water. Should be some decent weight to pull up through the mountain passes of BC.

#579 ·

#580 ·
about 500lbs of wood. truck didn't even know it was there

about 1500lbs of wood and cement. still barely noticeable to my truck. takes about 3000lbs of weight to make my truck sit level at which point it looks like a normal old worn out 1/2 ton truck.

#581 ·
Random picture here, but a local grocery store had a sale on 24 packs of water, and didn't state a limit. They really should have made a limit :LOL: 33 cases which works out to about 770pounds in total as each case is roughly 23.35 pounds. I also had 3 ppl in the cab and my toolbox hidden behind the water.

#586 ·
I failed to take pics of it when it was loaded up ... wont' make that mistake again. These were taken during a break in unloading.

Approx 2yrds of medium bark mulch. Fair amount of moisture. Surprisingly quite hot as well. This was the beginning of June, so not cold by any means and steam was still rising from the load.

Also, the truck's not on level ground.

<3 my Pentastar

#590 ·
Man you put that thing to work. Good on you dude. Run it like a man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.