DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Let's See Your Ram Working!

129K views 797 replies 181 participants last post by  NevadaMike 
#1 ·
Helped a friend haul hay for his hobby farm.

Crappy cell phone pic...

26 square bales. It just softened the ride out a little...:smiley_thumbs_up:

So gang, let's see pics of your trucks doing what trucks were originally built for...hauling stuff!

See less See more
Reactions: DOZER
#739 ·
Great pics as always A.O. I coulda used something like that tractor yesterday to push/plow all this heavy wet snow.

#741 ·
That's a great looking 3rd gen A.O. Is that a 1500 with the 4.7? Looks to be around an 03' to 05' gauging by the headlights?

And that tractor looks like tons of fun! I'm sure it's more of a work necessity for you, but for a city slicker such as myself, looks like fun!

#742 ·
The truck was a 2002, yes with the 4.7.. the biggest mistake I made with that truck. Taught me a lesson! I bought it new and got that smaller V8 thinking better gas mileage WRONG!! The smaller motor works harder which in turn kills gas mileage!

That tractor IS fun.. is also a necessity where I am, and its just work sometimes, and sometimes its even scary!!

Here is a pic of me unloading my sawmill off a truck... almost 1200 pounds way up there.. I went REAL slow!

BUT... It allows me to do things I sure couldn't do without it!

#743 ·
1/3 yard of topsoil.

#746 ·
Nice, you've been utilizing that bed lately. I'm sure you're lovin' that over the Expedition (wasn't that what you had before?)

#748 ·
Hauling some rotten wood...was told it was good but not so much. Oh well will be burning it while I garden today. Oh well got to chainsaw a but more so at least I had some fun.

Attachments

#751 ·
Camping with the boat? Nice, enjoy!

#753 ·
Helped my buddy drop off some appliances at his place last month, been busy lately so I didn't get a chance to post. Just a short in-town run. The 5 1/2' stubby bed on his Tundra wouldn't fit both the washer and dryer with the tailgate up:

And a couple of my truck loaded for the move last week-that was a much longer drive that was supposed to be 1081 miles, but ended up closer to 1200 after the GPS re-routed us through Virginia and then back into Tennessee. We were moving from NC to MO. The 5x8 Uhaul was loaded to its 3300lb gross plus another 800 or so in the truck for a total of a little over 4000 lbs pulled with around 1100-1200 lbs counting against my payload between tongue weight and what was in the truck:

#754 ·
Glad to hear you had a safe and uneventful move there, Thunderhorse. I'm guessing you had to cross a few decent mountain passes over the Appalachians? Been a while since I've been down that way, but I know there are a few up my way when heading west from MD.

#755 ·
Yep, I used tow/haul the whole way and kept ERS in 7 until I hit the mountains. Then it wanted to be in 6th and pulled all but a handful of grades without downshifting to 5th. Obviously it had more than enough power, the Hemi likes to work :smileup:

#758 ·
A buddy of mine from Oklahoma borrowed my car hauler in February, and I had him buy me some firewood up there since it’s about half the price. I was just now able to go get it and haul it home, and greatly thanked him for stacking it all on the front of my trailer :4-looney:

I’m sure I was considerably over the payload number for the air suspension, but I didn’t have any issues. It pulled awesome, as usual.

Attachments

#763 ·

picking up my buddy's new turd in galveston about a month ago. really made me want to get some 5000lbs bags for the rear instead of the 1000s.

much less exciting image of some pergolas i picked up a week ago. 160lbs per box, 6 boxes total. my truck doesn't see much excitement other than commuting. lol

#772 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.