DODGE RAM FORUM banner

ignition programming

8K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Jaydoubleyou 
#1 ·
Ok so I was on here a while ago asking for wiring diagrams for these model trucks and yall were able to help me so I'm back with another question. First let me give you all an idea of what I am doing. I am taking the entire powertrain and suspension from a "10 Ram 1500 and putting it in an old F-100 that I have had for years. (Forgive me for dropping the f-word here).

To keep things as simple as possible I wanted to use a factory harness, including things like the factory fuel pump, ect. Now obviously not everything is going to plug in, but everything for the powertrain is good, the fuel pump, wheel speed sensors, abs all that good stuff. Now its time for me to get the ignition taken care of. I know that with ford's anti theft system the "PATS" code is programmed into the key to match the code in the ECU and gauge cluster. And finally I am wondering, for these new rams which components need to be from the same vehicle? Is it the ECU, the key module and the key itself? Or does the gauge cluster also need to be from the same vehicle?

See less See more
#3 ·
Ok so the WCM/WIN that is the module that the key goes in, right? And I know that TIPM is the "total integrated power module" and that WCM is the "wireless control module" and that WIN with "Wireless Ignition Node". Correct me if I'm wrong but the WCM/WIN are the same thing with different name (the reason you put a slash between the two)? And lastly just so I can put a picture to a name the WCM/WIN is the little black box that the key FOB plugs into like an ignition key, right? Again I really appreciate your help. Once I get this truck running its really gonna be a unique and fun to pop the hood and show someone the Hemi under the hood.

#8 ·
Hey Ramtech, so I have another question for you. I found an ECU out of a 2010 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 and and automatic and I purchased it. Then I had a technician come out and try to program the key. He was telling me that everything was communicating just fine, however when it came time to input the pin codes with the associated ECU it wasn't working. They double checked that they had the right pin codes and I double checked that I had the right VIN from the truck that the new ECU had came out of. However for some reason it just wasn't working. So I went ahead and returned the new ECU and I am back on the hunt again for an ECU. I haven't had any luck finding one for a 2010 however I have come across one that came out of a 2012 1500 with the 5.7 and an automatic. Seeing that it is the same engine do you think I would be able to use the 2012 ECU for the 2010 powertrain? And again thank you so much for your time and assistance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.