DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Remote Start Problem

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  SG71 
#1 ·
Hey guys, not sure if this is the correct place to put this thread, but since last night I've been having problems with my remote starter. The truck starts fine, but shuts off within 15 seconds and says "hood adjar." I checked the hood and it is closed, any thoughts?

#2 ·
Need to figure out where that sensor is that tell the system the hood is closed. I know in my 09 the sensor was this big button that I could actually press down and hold to remote start the truck if I wanted.

If worst comes to worse I am sure your covered under the 3yr 36k warranty.

#5 ·
Need to figure out where that sensor is that tell the system the hood is closed. I know in my 09 the sensor was this big button that I could actually press down and hold to remote start the truck if I wanted.

If worst comes to worse I am sure your covered under the 3yr 36k warranty.

I have the same issue, although it seams to be intermitant. Any idea what it could be? Andrew

#6 ·
I had this problem on my 2010 Avenger R/T with remote start. It would display hood ajar when it was not, a trip to the dealer fixed it by replacing the hood ajar switch.

#7 ·
I have the same problem with the "hood ajar" which won't let me use the remote start. My dealer says I need to replace the hood latch mechanism because that's where the sensor is located. Can I bypass the sensor by cutting the wire etc? I hate to be charged dealer prices if it's something that can be done at home.

#8 ·
I have a 2013 Ram and the Hood Ajar sensor failed on it. The Dealer wants $100 for parts and labor. I disconnected the wires from the sensor and connected a resistor across the leads. It works great. I have several of these resistors if anyone needs one. You can email me at "articj@earthlink.net " if interested.

#9 ·
On my 09, the plunger piece in the hood fell out and when I would close the hood, there was nothing to push the switch down. I shoved a big vacuum cap into the hole and it works fine ever since, btw the hood ajar switch is NOT part of the hood latch on an 09.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.