DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New truck pricing?

750 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  LC Hauler 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I have a 2011 Ram 1500 4x4 and have started looking at 2500s because I recently purchased a 28ft bumper pull, enclosed car hauler that will be near 10,000lbs loaded. Looking for fully equipped with a diesel engine. So, $80k MSRP neighborhood. I was thinking 2014, but the local dealer I visited is pushing 2013s hard, even though they would have to bring one in from one of their other stores. I see plenty of 2013 Laramies in their Edmonton stock.

I don't want to complicate the negotiation with a trade so I may sell my 2010 LTZ Avalanche myself. It appears that total current incentives on 13s are about $13K, $7.2k on 14s.

I have read through some related threads, but it is sometimes not clear if the model is a 1500 or 2500, or whether a trade was involved in the mentioned price.

For anyone who has purchased recently, what would be a decent pre-tax, bottom line, Canadian price for one of these vehicles('13 or '14)?

Thanks,
Grant in Wpg

See less See more
#3 ·
Good job Drx. I'm waiting for my 2500 Laramie to arrive, been almost 2 1/2 months since signing everything. Waiting on railcars to ship my truck. But I was going trade in my 2011 Ram Sport, my neighbour offered me $3000 more than dealer trade in so I took it. Nice to look out my window and see my baby across the street hahaa.

I opted for the 6.4ltr hemi over the diesel just on maintenance alone.

Congrats on the purchase.

#4 ·
Thanks! FOs take some patience. Dealer told me around 8 weeks. I guess it all depends on how the order lines up with build scheduling. I just read a note that said to allow an extra 1-3 weeks for delivery to western provinces....ouch!

I won't be selling anything until I have that new truck in the driveway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.