DODGE RAM FORUM banner

TWIN AIR INTAKE?- Your opinion

11K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  70x7 
#1 ·
#5 ·
very nice work kay9 looks great. ramgearhead if u suck in a bunch of hot air from the engine bay your not gaining all the hp that you are expecting from a cold air intake. that cant be the price for a new intake with 2 cone filters is it?most decent cone filters are at least 50 each.cheap intakes are usually around 150 bucks so not sure if that is a real usable item or not.thats my 2 cents

#7 ·
that intake in matts truck was impressive to look at..if you see the rest of the pictures the filters sit right at the foglight opennings...

#12 ·
Good luck making that fit if you do some how get it to work. That would be pretty cool. You would have to turn it backwards and yeah make some sore of braketry to hold the tubes up with like a foam or rubber stop to make it seal to the wholes or have some tube extensions made to the bottom of the hood for the scoops. So the intake tubes would seal up the exstensions im not sure if there is enough space there though.

#16 ·
I have a functional hood and have looked at this intake, not sure what to think. But you know for $50 it might be worth trying it. Covert Ram do you have any tips for installation.

#17 ·
I really want to try this out. Got a really good way to make this functional with or without the sport hood (yes I know the sport hood isnt functional but id make mine functional). Will this fit under the hood of the 09-11 ram? If so ill be ordering one very soon.

#21 ·
What do you guys think about the eBay cold air intakes?

#26 ·
its purely aesthetic. Looks good under the hood but really not any better than anything else. Your air intake is really limited by your TB size and amount of vacuum the engine is "pulling". NONE of these intakes are really creating more air intake, they just free up restriction...
Im a firm believer in one, but just not in any of the $300 ish brands...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.