DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Pure Frustration: 2011 Alpine Audio Wiring Diagrams

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mr nelson 
#1 ·
So I'm in the midst of trying to add new speakers and amps to the pitiful 9 speaker Alpine system in my Ram 1500 Sport, and I'm completely at my wits end trying to figure out the wiring color codes.

First, I have the 2009 service manual and it appears the wiring and connectors are slightly different. I also have a diagram from a post here that is close, but still a little off.

The issue I'm having is that none of the diagrams I've seen indicate which speaker leads are 'outputs' from the 'head unit' and 'outputs' from the Alpine amp under the dash. I can't for the life of me figure out the raw low level head unit speaker wires, there should be simply front/rear, left/right outputs from the head unit, going 'into' the alpine amp. Which then in turn, uses 2 connectors, to send the amplified signals to the speakers. The 2 connectors at the amp are all mixed together it seems, both inputs and outputs all listed as the same colors in/out for each speaker, total confusion!

All the colors seem to be different wherever I look, I can't find a simple clear answer, what are the front/rear door speakers wiring color, for 'both' output points, both the head unit, and the amp.

I need to know both output locations, because I'm bypassing the factory amp altogether, going from stock headunit->aftermarket amp->factory speaker wiring 'after' the factory amp bypassing it.

I replaced all 4 door speakers so I have the wire colors from those connectors, but when I try to line it up with the connector diagrams coming from the alpine amp, they're listed as all the same color, so how do I know if it's the output wire from the amp, or the input wire from the head unit.

dear god lol someone must know the answer it seems almost everyone is replacing or upgrading their audio system but I can't find a solid answer that lines up with what I see at the connectors in my truck

See less See more
#2 ·
I took my '11 RAM R/T to my stereo shop of choice and it took them 6+ hours to wire in two amps to the stock 430N. They scoured the interweb for hours to find the correct pin out diagram and they said they've never seen anything like it before. Luckily I didn't get charged for labor.

For the life of me I can't see what input Alpine had on this setup as the OEM speakers aren't Alpine branded like the KIckers in my Challenger.

It's still not perfect as the front to rear staging is all off but I'l sort that out with the next gen sound processors coming out.

#3 ·
That's unreal, but I can believe it. I've been installing stereos for years and never seen anything like this either, did they give you anything useful in the end? I don't know what else to do, I'm guessing even the dealer would just have the same service manual

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.