DODGE RAM FORUM banner

REN radio with upgraded Uconnect module

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Yellow Jacket 
#1 ·
I recently bought a uconnect module part#82212159 (68104904AC) with ipod integration cable part # 82212000 . I would have thought everything would be plug and play, but nothing in life comes easy. My touch screen now shows a new soft button "UCI" but will not find my phone4s or an older ipod nano. It states device no longer available. I then check into streaming music bluetooth, since my iphone shows 2 options (iPhone or uconnect) I try uconnect and same thing happens "this device is no longer available." Any ideas before I bring it into the dealership? I have updated my REN to the latest one I could find 9.292 with no luck.......

#2 ·
You may need to have the software updated or as they call it "flashed"

Someone else I'm sure will come along who knows more about these things.

welcome to the forumz, be sure to stop by the newbie section to get a proper welcome

Exco

#4 ·
odd, I posted to this same thread in a different forum yesterday,
The problem that you're having is that you have a 2012 Uconnect module and a pre 2011 cable. They won't work together. The connector port that you currently have this cable plugged into is a gray 10 pin connector on the module. This port is used now for diagnostic testing at the factory and not used for the iPod cable now. On the module there is a mini USB connector, you'll need the iPod / USB cable PN 82212160. This cable will have a USB connector on it where you'll plug in your iPod docking cable.

#6 ·
Is there a proper working iPod cable for the 2009s? When I first got my truck back in 10/08, I ordered the iPod cable from the dealership, they installed it, and I went on my way. Went back when I couldn't get it working at all. The trucks were REALLY new at the time, so ended up with 10 people from the dealership sitting in and around the truck and everybody playing with buttons trying to get it to work. Some more investigating ended up with them finding out the uConnect didn't work with iPod yet, so I returned the cable and got the headphone style one that goes into the front aux port.

#7 · (Edited)
The 2009 Rams came with the right iPod cable
It was found tucked away & you had to take out the bottom glove compartment, if i recall correctly, you pushed in the sides of the lower glove box to get it out. Then if you looked at the bottom of the upper glove compartment, there was 1 screw that you had to take out, then the upper glove compartment came out.
Then if you looked behind the radio, the iPod cable was coiled up behind the radio & you routed it yourself, there was no glove box bulkhead connector in 2009

I don't use any smart phones, so mine is still tucked away
I have the fancy RER 730N radio that came stock with my SLT

#8 ·
My radio is the non-navigation setup, different?

The installed a cable for me through the glovebox that I later returned, I have to assume that they would have seen a factory installed one, but given their confusion I'm not sure I'd be surprised if they didn't...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.