DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Applying hp to the ground?

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  bigmikelrg 
#1 ·
What can I do to get the most hp form my engine to the pavement I know about the ring and pinion I'm getting a set of 4.10 Friday possibly is that the ideal for the track and what else can I do keeping in mind I have a low budget. Thanks guys.

#2 ·
1 Don't spin the tires at the line! It may look cool, but trackwise it cost you ET. Get some dedicated slicks or drag radials for track use. Also get skinniest for the front to refuse I sprung weight.
2) LSD or other type of locker
3) practice your launch
4) couple of sandbags in the bed to help weight transfer

Have fun, and good on you for keeping the racing on the track!

#10 ·
An alum driveshaft is definitely a plus, same with lightweight (smaller) alum wheels, smaller and lighter tires, etc... Going to an electric fan also would reduce drag and free up a few hp by removing the mechanical fan. As far as the torque converter, it really depends on your application, a higher stall rpm usually helps overall, but sometimes can hurt top end power, so it's sort of give and take. What is the main purpose of the truck daily driver, drag racing, off roading, towing, etc...? You can do some research on google about torque converters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.