DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Magnuson Supercharger Installation - 09 Ram 5.7L

31K views 82 replies 26 participants last post by  azzo540 
#1 ·
Ordered the system with Magnuson in January and it arrived within a week. There have been some hiccups along the build of the truck, however Magnuson's Customer Service all around has been excellent including overnighting of parts that needed replaced. Last night I placed the truck on the dyno and have experienced a Fuel Injector concern. This didn't let me finish the truck last night but am already working with Magnuson on this concern. All in all, the kit is going to be great once completed and am excited to show the forum members the results.... As a teaser, the truck did make 430hp on a partial pull and no spikes!

More to come as I sort out the injectors.

#5 · (Edited)
If you got 430 with medioker injectors im thinkin like 445 to 450 with a good tune and new injectors but the dyno might be different if temps are higher or lower compared to what you got previously. It would be nice to know what injectors you go with and what would be the total cost for this kit and all the extra's you had to get to make it work since its not so bolt-on-ish as we had all hoped. The Truckin magazine project black sheep ram with the magna kit made roughly 416hp with an all stock motor, so your numbers are spot on with american racing headers. When you dyno it are you running in third? Also what psi are you running? Make sure you get some damn vids of this man people need to see this kinda stuff pics are great btw keep them coming get some so we can see the truck and the S/C!

Reactions: City Slicker
#6 ·
Thank you for the post. I am troubleshooting the vehicle with Magnuson and making sure every little detail is covered. Just not sure when I will be able to add more attention to the truck until the weekend but we will see. 430 Last night was great to see and would imagine 450 is going to happen with a conservative tune.

Vehicle is being dynoed on a DynoJet 248x right now and is being done in 3rd. No since in raising the IAT's to run the vehicle out in 4th at this time. Last night on the Dyno, Max boost was 6.2lbs. Was expecting less boost due to the headers being installed prior to the supercharger. Will definitely be getting videos when its completed.

#10 ·
What lb injectors are stock? I know I have 42lb in my Lighnting and would go to 60lb with a Whipple or KB.

#11 ·
We have the same injectors as the Srt8. My fuel pressure gauge reads 62psi. My buddy Mike who is running a twin garret turbo on his gen 4 truck is utilizing the stock injectors also reads 61 psi. I believe the vvt lx cars are reading only 58psi. He finally posted up some initial dyno sheets but this is the wrong thread for it.

#13 · (Edited)
You may want to contact Truckin Magazine and see if you can find out what type of injectors they used.

#14 ·
Just FYI i talked to the STS guys and they use #50 / 50lb injectors at 6psi with there hemi's but im not so sure if thats what you need. I think you might want to look at those.

#15 ·
Been very busy lately and unable to make any headway with the vehicle... Its just sitting right now... Even my new wheels came in today and can't get them completed either! It will be a few days atleast... Sorry guys, just work is very busy right now.

#17 ·
At this time there are no further injector concerns. Having tuned Hemi Engines (426 strokers) with twin turbos, I am very familiar with having the correct injectors in the vehicle, just the Magnuson Kits come with the injectors already built into the casting and rails bolted down. I could only go by the size they were telling me and wanted to make sure we had the right injector. This has all been completed, Injectors are good to go and proper scaling of the injector has been completed within the tune. Will be changing the spark plugs in the morning to cover all aspects before spending some fun time on the Dyno! Once completed will have the results posted and enjoy it to the fullest, especially with the new wheels!

#21 ·
That is correct, the injectors are built into the rails which are attached to the supercharger.... Truck made 422hp with 422 ft/lbs of torque last night after all the pulls. Was going to do another pull today if the time is available when the motor isn't as heat soaked sitting still.

#23 ·
Picked up a bit more power with the different conditions and lost some torque. So I am going to leave it is for now (which is a bit rich) incase I get a tank of Junk Gas or an insane heat wave here in Texas. Was able to take the truck out for a few sprints today and its alot of fun. No loud noise from a Procharger and the truck drives like stock. Overall I am very happy with the unit. Installing my wheels tomorrow and will get images of it posted.

Speak to you soon,
James

#26 ·
I'm guessing that the ecu is resisting/learning making a bit less now. Just guessing...

#29 ·
I think even after the tune the ecu will adjust to try to correct.

#30 ·
Truck is performing great... It is possible to make more HP on a vehicle on a partial pull before its completed. When you tune a vehicle, you will have things like that happen. My main goal is to have a fast and reliable vehicle and after driving the truck all weekend, that is what I have!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.