DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anybody tried to trade in yet?

5K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  garner 
#1 ·
I'm really missing the room from my crew cab and tried to trade the other day for a new one and they offered me only $18,000 for my 2010 R/T with 10,xxx miles on it. They said it's just and slt with an appearance package and I got took.

#4 ·
look you truck up on http://www.kbb.com and use the trad-in value option. Use the "good" condition because as far as trades go, no vehicle is "excellent".

Also, any mods you've done that are not on the list of options on kbb, mean little to nothing when trading it in.

G
#5 ·
hahahaha...good first step! RB pointed out some good steps for determining book values. It's a tough market out there, just like the real estate market, with depressed values and a tough seller's market.

It's gonna pay off to hold to what you have right now and get your money's worth out of it.

#10 ·
My dealer sent me a letter saying they were trying to build up there used truck inventory and wanted to buy my truck back. I wouldn't mind an R/T as I really wanted leather and a sunroof when I got mine but there weren't any around. Mine is a Big Horn 2009 crew cab. They offered me 21000. I promptly got in my truck and left!!

#12 ·
You may want to hold on a bit longer if you can. The experts tell us the ecomony is making a turn for the better. If true, this means higher truck sales likely in the forecast.

Another issue right now, aside from a recovering economy, is that some dealers have decent truck inventories due to the anticipation of better times and good December truck sales. This is not helping your trade in situation so you will likely not get the best deal that you would in otherwise different times. If the extra space is not essential to you, I would hold off for the chance to get more for your trade down the road.

Good luck.

#16 ·
that suxs dude that they offered you that low and personally i would of done the same thing u did

#17 ·
Just adding to this post because for the last few days I've been thinking about selling my Ram RT in lue of one of the perks to my new position is a company truck and I'd like to get a smaller car. I went to subaru Lethbridge and they offered me 22,000 for my 2010 with 27xxx kms. I'm going to open a new thread in the Canada section to get some ideas if anyones interested in buying it. PM me or email me if you'd like pictures or information mchorvathm@gmail.com the truck is in Alberta, and dont throw me lowballs im not interested in dumping the truck I've got a lot of time and money into the truck, Check out the Canada forums if you're interested.

#18 ·
I would NOT trade a vehicle into a Dodge dealer, UNLESS money was still owed on it

Japans auto manufacturers bad luck may be our good luck, all their plants have shut down, even the USA plants, they will not be getting any vehicles at the dealerships, so to keep up their inventories, they MAY be buying a lot of used vehicles, all makes & models, You may get a better offer by going through them for another Ram

#19 ·
Don't trade it in, go to CarMax and get an offer and then phone up Cars Direct. They guarantee (or did on my last vehicle) 200 over a CarMax offer. CarMax has always given me a little more than KBB. That or private sale but that can be a hassle.

#21 ·
March is truck month, have you noticed that they are just now FLOODING with tv ads with the 2011 RAMs
they didn't do this much advertising before this, they are trying to get rid of the 2009 -2011 Rams
i think the new 2012 Rams will be out in July, although they have not said anything yet, several other 2012 Chrysler's will be out in July
they will call them the 2011.5 models

#22 ·
I went in to a ford dealer to see what they would give me for a new 5.0 and they offered me $26,000 for my 2011 R/T with 8,000 miles and has had minor accidents(rear bumper and front bumper/fender). Probably could've got them up to at least $28,000. I know when I traded in my 2011 genesis coupe for the truck, the dealer gave me $21,000 with 3,000 miles and door damage when a brand new one is about $23,000

#24 ·
I hate Carmax, they only wanted to give me 15k for my Tundra. I bought it for 36k in 2008 and put around 4k in lift, wheels & tires. I traded it in to dodge and they only gave me 17.5k. The very next day after I traded it in someone from craigslist called me and offered me 21k! Shit happens I guess.

#25 ·
Dealers don't give much for upgrades like lifts and all that when you trade it in but they love to mark up for that once it's on their lot

#28 ·
What year and how many miles? Think I might trade my 2011 for a sport or laramie crew and wondering how much more I would get based on year and mileage

#30 ·
Good luck in all the trades, I have four dealers within fifteen miles of each other; when I traded for the RedRam I had them all bidding for my business at the end of the month, took the best deal to the dealer that had what I really wanted and they matched it.

#32 ·
So I should hopefully get at least that since mine is a 2011 with 9,xxx miles if I decide to trade

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.