DODGE RAM FORUM banner

IMCO (Cherry Bomb) Elite Series Muffler

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  916Timmy 
#1 ·
Anyone have one of these on their truck? The guy at the muffler shop is raving about it and is taking me for a ride in his 6.0L Chev to hear it today.

Was looking at:
Flowmaster 50 HD
Magnaflow 18"

He says this new IMCO has a better sound and better performance than Magnaflow.

Thoughts?

#6 ·
I have the 18" magnaflow & i am quite happy with it

if you let your muffler person install what he recommends, don't let him weld it on, because it will sound good while sitting at the shop, but, you may not be so happy after taking it out on the open road, once you hear the MDS kick in, that is when you will know if you like it
A chevy or ford sounds NOTHING like a Dodge HEMI with the MDS, you will be in 4 cylinder mode, not 8

#7 ·
Cherry Bomb makes some sweet sounding mufflers. The Vortex that Mrcrash has is a damn good one. It has as much flow as the Glasspack and almost identical power gains but it is a little quieter, tame for the streets. I have not seen the IMCO. I think going with something different would be the way to go. Everyone has either a Magnaflow or Flowmaster. I have the Gibson cat back on my Ram and I love the way it sounds, but most off noone else really has it

#8 ·
GT: I agree, however I would be disabling the MDS so not worried about that too much. It's more what you said about his 6.0L Chev sounding nothing like the HEMI 5.7. Oh well, I will give it a listen within the next couple of days (since I couldn't get to him to hear it Friday) and let you all know what I think of it.

Scat: Yeah, I definitely want something unique. At least as long as it can be. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.