DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Radio Antenna base

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Barnyard 
#1 ·
Hey all, just checking to see if any of you know if there is a replacement (preferably chrome) antenna base piece? Mine is black, well was, but is faded like no tomorrow. I was looking at putting a chrome one on, but can't seem to find one anywhere. Thanks!

Dave

#2 ·
Planning on taking mine off and painting it black today. My old '09 had this problem bad! Thought I'd try on this to see how it turns out and then move to the wiper cowl next!

#4 ·
Antenna Base

That's kinda what I figured the response would be. It's just wierd how that is the only piece that is faded so bad on the exterior, especially down here in this Arkansas heat. I'll have to pull it off soon and give it a shot at painting it. Thanks!

Dave

#8 ·
Had mine replaced under warranty, figure I will let them spend their money. After they won't replace it that stuff back to black or whatever it's called. Or maybe give that Krylon plastic paint a try. I really don't see it as a big issue happens on all black plastic on any car after a while this antenna part is just cheaper than most....hell it cost's 85 cents retail.

#11 ·
I have the same issue. Picked one up from the dealer for $1. I'm also going to use a little pipe tape on the antenna because I'm sick of it coming loose.

Hayden, the color match looks great!

#12 · (Edited)
Ha HA! i went out to look at doing mine and noticed that someone had tried to steal it! I used Loctite on the threads and they were unsuccessful but now I have a couple of plier tooth marks on my formerly nice, black stubby antenna! Damn-it! i guess it's better than finding it missing one day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.