DODGE RAM FORUM banner

deezee tailgate no worky

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  newfiebullet 
#1 ·
put it on as per instructions simple enough...tailgate still slams and it tries to grab at the last second but its to late...everything fit perfect..it just dosent do anything :4-dontknow:...well it tries...defective maybe? i tried the strut both way and no difference...when i compress it in my hands its tight as hell but on the truck..nothing.

#5 ·
mine did the same thing, come to find out it was for the 04-08 trucks. They sent me a new strut and it worked fine after that, all the hardware is the same but the valving in the strut is slightly different due to the different weight of the tailgate.

#11 ·
Where did you order yours from? I have tried three different places and all three never worked right and none of them came with the shrink wrap and foam to prevent rubbing. I see there are also different model numbers. If you could provide a link or model number I would reall appreciate it! Thx!

#13 ·
The first one I got was part number: SG314900EZ and it did not hold well at all. Then they sent me a different one: VEZd0001AA and this one was weaker and turns out to be for 2002-2008. I am going to try the one from realtruckdotcom: Dee Zee Tailgate Assist and see if that one works. They assured me it was for the 4th gen Rams. 3 times a charm!

#18 ·
From my personal experience, the VEZD0001AA and SG314900EZ models did not work for my 2011 Ram. They would drop quickly then slow down or vice versa. After watching the videos online I knew I had the wrong one. After I installed the Dee Zee DZ43300 Tailgate Assist, it worked perfectly. As soon as I clicked open the tailgate, it was one slow (almost too slow...hahaha), motion all the way down.

And the DeeZee was much easier to close. When the I took out the damper from the previous models there was resistance when trying to close the tailgate. Right out of the box on the DeeZee model you will see that the damper closes with no resistance.

Amazon has it going for $29. Not sure if there are cheaper places but that's where I ordered from and it took only two days with the included free shipping on orders over $25. It should also work on the 2500 according to their website. Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.