DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Chithead's 2010 Dodge Ram build log - new and improved!

43K views 248 replies 27 participants last post by  snrusnak 
#1 ·
Well, after just a few different setups, we're going with this one and sticking to it.

Morel Hybrid Ovation II 6 component set - using the passive crossovers on each front channel of the amplifier
Morel Ultimo SC 12 subwoofer - single 4-ohm voice coil bridged from the back two channels of the amp
Zapco Reference 1000.4 providing the power
Clarion DRX9255 being the brains of it all

Going to take deadening quite a bit further, and also take what I learned with the wiring from the previous install a few steps more.

Also working on something creative for the dash, and still contemplating the amp rack/subwoofer enclosure.

#5 ·
My father-in-law has all this rubber laying around. Apparently they spread it down before spraying on foam roofs - It gave me an idea.

Cleaned up a piece of it this morning:

Relocated the ground wire:

Applied some butyl rope:

And voila:

#6 ·
We'll see if that mat does any good at blocking the road noise. I will be constructing a new back wall to house the amp/subwoofer/behind the seat storage.

If it does any good, pretty sure it will be making it's way to both doors, and maybe to the floorboard.

#10 ·
Subscribed.......

#11 ·
Super work there, Mr. Daniel! :D

Two things to point out to you...

"...we're going with this one and sticking to it."

Yeah, right....

Those two vents in the back wall should be uncovered. I'm just sayin'...

Can't wait to hear what you have to say about this setup!

I need to talk to you about system "brains"...

#14 ·
Well I can tell you, just on the ride to work... this stuff WORKS! Cut road noise way down. I will need to cut some slits though for the rear vents. Could definitely tell there was an increase in cabin pressure with them covered up.

Getting me all excited to apply this on the doors!

#22 ·
Morel Hybrid Ovation II 6 component set - using the passive crossovers on each front channel of the amplifier
Morel Ultimo SC 12 subwoofer - single 4-ohm voice coil bridged from the back two channels of the amp
Zapco Reference 1000.4 providing the power
Clarion DRX9255 being the brains of it all
OK...OK....I want to hear this. :D

I had a chance to hear those components, but the system was underpowered and only a single 10" sub of the not so impressive variety, so was lacking in the LF range. Even with those constraints, it was killer clean and defined. :smileup:

#26 ·
Subscribing again. I've been watching and learning how to build a system in this truck, and am very interested in seeing how you build the sub box. I figure once you find a setup that works great, I can copy it and hope for good results :D

#28 ·
Well... Amp and head unit should arrive this week. About to order more deadener and butyl rope, and still waiting on wiring. Plus there is the shorter RCA cables to pick out, fasteners, crossover mounting locations, applying the deadener and more of the rubber mat, running new wires, then the rear amp rack and sub enclosure with storage compartments, door pods for the mids, blending the tweeter mounting pods into the A-pillars...

Then we get to have a listen :)

#29 ·
What are you driving while the R/T is striped of it's interior? Or did you bolt the seats in......temporarily...? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.