DODGE RAM FORUM banner

EVO got a Spankin'

7K views 51 replies 16 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 · (Edited)
For the last six months I've left my subdivision about the same time as a built up Mits EVO
I can hear that he's definitely tuned fartin and sputtering at WOT with huge dual ricer Fart Cans pointing up
and the smell of rich exhaust when he's idling at the light in front of me.

looked similar to this...
but pipes angled up almost to the white paint level

front end similar to this

We end up single lane bumper to bumper 2 or 3 times a month as we approach the nearest highway on-ramp.

Seems we take turns playing follow the leader to see who can pull away the fastest
...and he's usually right on my rear bumper when I'm in front.

But I can also hang on his rear bumper when he tries to pull on me
...drafting behind him is a huge benefit for my 5200lb brick.

Well this morning was the first time we met up again in over a month
...only this time I have an extra 170 HP surprise under my hood
a Ripp Supercharger installed on the weekend.

So just after 6:00 am I was waiting at the light watching my rear view mirror
and sure enough he turned the corner and pulled in behind me ...

:hah: so now I'm as giddy as a little school girl waiting at the light

Light turns green and make the left turn slowly and wait for him to do the same ...but then Hammer Time and I'm Gone!
He's trying hard to catch me but there is no way in he!! this time :SHOCKED:

I watch him slowly getting smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror as I motor down the on-ramp (about a quarter mile long).

I hammer on the brakes near the end so I could get down to the speed limit and merge into traffic.

Finally we have a "Significant" winner after 6 months of taunting each other.
:box:

If I ever get a chance to talk to him I'm going to invite him to the track for a real lesson
when I'm in track trim on my little 28" Drag Radials instead of 33" Grappler's/20's!

I Don't usually condone street racing, prefer to take it to the track, but this was not a side by side drag race,
no other traffic on a long merge lane in the early morning hours.

Just two drivers getting up to speed on an abandoned merge lane significantly "quicker" than most :shy:.

See less See more
#41 ·
you have the Edge 2800-3000 RPM converter? I guess at your power levels you will stall above advertised if those numbers are based on 407 ft lbs of torque.

Glad to know the kit comes with injectors, but I'm surprised Ripp didn't include a 255 or 340 lph pump. Are the Rams using a returnless fuel system? If not I'd sink dual 255's in there.

#43 ·
Stock Pump starts running out of juice at 5700 rpm

Run cut short when it started leaning out despite HP still climbing steady
(my Bud's dyno, similar truck, similar mods Ripp'd!)

Chris at CCMR said he wont even strap mine to the rollers until I put the Stealth 340 in.

#44 ·
nice. That should throw down almost 500 rwhp. Is his a 2wd truck or is he loosing efficiency through turning a transfer case too?

I am hoping something like this could be done with a 2013 soon. I might have to blow my tax return if I get another large refund this year (since I had tax free income from Afghanistan I should be in a lower tax bracket which means more money back, plus I claim my son).

I'm also wondering how this setup would compare to a turbo such as squires or a custom setup. The centrifugal blower makes power similar to a turbo which might be easier on the transmission than a roots blower would be.

#45 · (Edited)
Both our Trucks are 2010 4x4's, 3.55 gears (his QC, mine RC)

I run 4 28" DR's on 17's in AWD on my lowered 4x4, (effective gear ratio drops to 4.30:1)
best time NA was 13.89/98.5 at 2500' DA (13.4/102 corrected) Volant intake, Maggy catback, 93 Diablo canned tune.

I expect to drop at least a second with the Ripp installed, maybe more

We will both be well over 500whp soon enough
Water/Meth kits are next then shift points can be maxed out. (currently limited at stock 5600rpm)

Brad's new ceramic coated ARH LT's and exhaust going in soon too...

The centrifugal blower, similar to a turbo's power delivery,
is definitely easier on the transmission than a roots as it gradually spools up to peak rpm.

But you will still need a "built" transmission, the stocker wont last long
and the only shop I know that has great success under boost is L&M Customs out of Delaware.

We both have our transmissions from them ready to go in, ($2500 plus core $500)
along with a pair of ATS Triple Lok 3000 stall torque converters, programmed to lock up for full power in 2nd/3rd gear.
We're just waiting on Mike and Josh at HHP to re-write the trans tuning for his trans build.

Mike removes the stock crap frictions/steels , does some machining then crams a sh!t load of upgraded frictions in, reworks the valve body and pump for 50 more psi and then custom tunes it to all work together under serious boost without slipping and burning up frictions.

Transmission discussions here:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=141021

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146929

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=148762

#46 ·
I was going to do one of the valvebodies from Moes for the time being. Hoping it would hold up under a 100 shot for a while. If i boost my truck I'll definitely look into the transmissions. Thanks for the info. I'm anxious to see what your truck runs.

#47 · (Edited)
Found another Mitz to play with yesterday

This one was totally debadged, flat olive green and black wrapped
Not sure if it was an EVO or Ralliart or just a tricked out Lancer with an EVO hood and wheels
only had a single fart can on the back.

looked very close to this: (gotta love google images) I'm 99% sure this is the guy
(casewraps is based in Edmonton)

http://casewrapstechnology.com/2011...-green-wrap-with-matte-black-hood-roof-trunk/

It was just blocks from the office, pulled up beside me at a red light.
I left him in the dust off the line and wondered if he even knew what just happened. :158:

So there I sat waiting at the next red, and he slowly pulls next to me
I was thinking this guy is not going to go after what he just witnessed.
..I mean I was like a city block away from him in a blink of an eye.

So on green I moved first again,
but only with half throttle this time and watched my left mirror to see if he was coming or not???
He's either got piss poor reaction or he's a chicken shit.

Then he decides to get the jump on me thinking I wasn't watching
as soon as he saw me back off a little (yup, chicken shit) total douche move

By the time he got to my front fender I was on it too
and we went side by side for 1 more gear shift then I started walking away and he gave up.

It must have been just a Lancer or he wouldn't have tried to cheat his way into the lead.

:LOL:

Today I saw him again, pulled up beside him and when I looked over he looked the other way like he didn't even see me.

Too much traffic in front of us to line up, but I'm sure he wasn't willing to take another beat down anyway.

:hah:

#50 ·
Found another Mitz to play with yesterday
It was just blocks from the office, pulled up beside me at a red light.
I left him in the dust off the line and wondered if he even knew what just happened. :158:

So there I sat waiting at the next red, and he slowly pulls next to me
I was thinking this guy is not going to go after what he just witnessed.
..I mean I was like a city block away from him in a blink of an eye.

So on green I moved first again,
but only with half throttle this time and watched my left mirror to see if he was coming or not???
He's either got piss poor reaction or he's a chicken shit.

Then he decides to get the jump on me thinking I wasn't watching
as soon as he saw me back off a little (yup, chicken shit) total douche move

By the time he got to my front fender I was on it too
and we went side by side for 1 more gear shift then I started walking away and he gave up.

It must have been just a Lancer or he wouldn't have tried to cheat his way into the lead.

:LOL:

Today I saw him again, pulled up beside him and when I looked over he looked the other way like he didn't even see me.

Too much traffic in front of us to line up, but I'm sure he wasn't willing to take another beat down anyway.

:hah:
Good story! :box:

#48 ·
Nice!! Haha. I just did that with a hemi 300c 2 nights ago, had 2 girls in the back thinking he was cool as shit, my truck was still in track trim from the weekend and and I pulled up to him trying to get a reaction, he pulled the douche move just the same trying to get a little jump on me and I blew those 300c doors backwards:) then stayed on my back fender and wouldn't pull up to me again. Anyways, good kill man, keep em comin

#51 · (Edited)
Well I did a lot of diggin' today,
Mitsu Lancer EVO/Ralliart forums and websites

...Everything points to the green one being a 2011 Lancer Ralliart

(Fog Lights are slightly different on the EVO's)

more square shaped:

Ralliart has a tear drop shape

Base Lancer is 2.0L 148HP or 168hp or 2.4L (optional AWD on some models)

Ralliart is 2.0L DOHC Turbo Intercooled MIVEC 237HP AWD

Evolution is 2.0 DOHC Turbo Intercooled MIVEC 291HP AWD

That explains why the White one and I were closer, this one was a wanna be :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.