DODGE RAM FORUM banner

vibration on my 3500

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RayK 
#1 ·
I have a vibration starting at 67 mph and goes to 80 mph. To me it feels like rear end. Just had it in shop to balance all tires, ($166 later) and still the same. I don't feel it at the petals or starring wheel. Does anyone have any insight to this problem ? Thanks for the input.

#2 ·
i dont have any input about your problem, but no way you should be on the hook for that balancing, its a legit warranty claim.
brand new truck should preform as such, i would take it to the dealership and refuse to take possession until the problem is fixed to YOUR expectations, and not just some dealer monkey "claiming" there is no issue.

also, if there was no issue with your tires not being balanced, then why did it cost anything?
they would have used the balancing machine to check. If the tire was already balanced how could they balance it again?

#4 ·
I had the same problem on my 2013 Ram Express with factory 20's I was told by dealership that I was over inflated and that I had to run the tires at 35 psi. That's when I looked at the service manager and asked him to look at the door jam and I showed him where it says to inflate tires to 39 psi cold. Took the truck home no problem next time on interstate same problem. Took it back asked to have tires balanced. I was told that it was not needed at 5k. So I took my truck to where I service my fleet vehicles and they did it for me at no cost. Turned out every wheel was off. They have the new static balancer. Shows where to place weights and where to place the tire on Rim. Truck runs great now. I love my truck and I never take it in for service. I have three years free oil change and I do it myself. Don't trust dealers any Moore

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.