DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Bugs..

5K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  papaj 
#1 ·
Any tips on easily removing bug guts from the front bumper? ive tried washing n washing and there still there...

bumper and grille are chrome dont wanna scratch it..

thanks.

#2 ·
I have a bottle of some spray from Harley. Rinse area with water, spray this stuff on and wait a minute. Wipe off bug stuff and rinse again with water. There is probably a cheaper non HD brand out there that does the same thing. I just don't know what it is yet.

#3 ·
What tends to work on the lovebugs down here, a very slightly damp dryer sheet. You'll probably want to go back and wipe it down again with a cloth as it leaves a little residue, and don't know what it is about them, but it works well for me. :)

- Cajun

#6 ·
Here's a tip!

We clean the bugs off of our new Ambulance's and Fire Trucks with "Scrubbing Bubbles". I use it on my new Ram too. Just spray it on, let it set for a min and them scrub lightly with a soft brush.... Stuff's readily available in stores and is fairly inexpensive...

Your Welcome!

#7 ·
Ah, now there's an idea ^^^^! Definitely makes their slogan true to form..."we work hard so you don't have to." I'm going to have to remember that! :smileup:

- Cajun

#12 ·
I have heard of people using Pam, just never tried it myself. Guess that might accomplish a couple things, keep the bumpers shiny and repel bugs!

- Cajun

#14 ·
FUKKEN WAX! It comes off as easy as can be! I had 2 week old bird do do on my hood that i didnt have time to clean! i tried water no luck. Fukken Wax it came off in no time!

#15 ·
I'll typically clay bar the area in need of attention. I'll have to try some of these other ideas though

good info, thanks folks

Exco

#17 ·
Be sure to post back if you try it and let us know if it affected your paint. I am worried about the same thing myself.

#20 ·
That's what I was thinking, too, smell like you're running on corn oil.....but down here, anything that makes that job easier is a huge bonus! :)

- Cajun

#25 ·
I had a really bad bug issue a few times. They are a pain in the butt. Now this is gonna sound really gross but it was free, quick and easy. To get them off I used spit...Kinda found out by accident after the bug remover wasnt cutting it, I tried the old "spit on a cloth and rub" , and it worked. I guess the enzymes in the saliva break them down...It worked for me, and it gave me a great excuse to have a beer afterwards, you know the dry mouth and all..LOL.

#33 ·
LMAO! Well, if it makes ya' feel any better for having said that haha, my ex found out it's also a good spray paint remover. They tried it when one Halloween, some neighborhood hooligan thought it would be a funny prank to spray paint my Jeep! :( And while the spit may have worked, the culprit wasn't laughing when I saw him in court.....

- Cajun

#34 ·
I have been using WD40 on my bike plastics for years as a shiner/protector. Whilst I have never directly sprayed it onto paint work directly I don't think it has ever caused any issues. I am gonna spay some on my dead bugs tonight and see what happens. I wonder how long you have to leave it on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.