DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2013 1500 options

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Bigdiezel79 
#1 ·
So I went on the dodge site to price and build a new 2013 SLT crew cab 4X4. You can get 3.92 gears and a ANTI Spin differential. I do have a question on the ANTI Spin is that dodges way of saying limited slip:4-dontknow:
I also see an option for air suspension with 3 settings 1 load setting lowers the truck 2 inches a Highway setting that lowers the front and rear for areodynamics and a offroad setting that raises the truck 2 inches. In theroy this would be a good idea but I have worked on log trucks for years and airbag suspensoins are very problematic.

I would like more infomation on this ANTI spin differential anybody have any ideas??

#4 ·
air bag suspension should be good in our small trucks

you won't be jarring the Ram anything like what happens to a big rig
the bags are not going to see the Suns rays, so they should not deteriorate

surely someone will come up with a way to re-valve the settings

#5 ·
air bag suspension should be good in our small trucks

you won't be jarring the Ram anything like what happens to a big rig
the bags are not going to see the Suns rays, so they should not deteriorate

surely someone will come up with a way to re-valve the settings
The bags are normally not a problem. I was thinking more of air supply,valves, etc. Are they going to run a belt driven air compressor or electric. Are settings going to be preset by computer or are there going to be leveling valves. Will there be drain valves to drain moisture from the system. Not saying it a bad thing but there could be several weak points in the system. The biggest problem these trucks will have with the bags would be salt. Like i said its a good idea in theroy I just see a bunch of issues coming up with it. But hopefully Im wrong :4-dontknow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.