DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Just installed trailer brake module

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Rogue1 
#1 ·
Hello all, I just got finished installing the trailer brake module on my '10 Crew Cab Sport. Man was it simple. I know its been well documented here on the forum so I wont get into too many details. Talk about plug n play. I was surprised it was so simple. Looks great, factory finish. Just needed a couple screwdrivers and an additional 2 small screws. Now off to the dealer to have it added to the computer. Here are the part numbers and what it cost;
1 x 56029431AF MODULE (56029431AF) = $100.48
1 x 1EB13XDVAA BEZEL (1EB13XDVAA) = $7.75 (DARK GREY)
Got them from dodge -wholesale.com. I definely reccomend this as a do it yourself project. No reason to pay someone for something this basic. If you are in need of a trailer brake controller, this is the way to go.

#3 ·
Just from what I read on here its not the same with the 09s. Do some searching on this forum and you should be able to find out. If not about the plug n play aspect , at least you can see what the solution has been. Sorry couldnt be of more help

#8 ·
The brake controller will work fine without taking it to the dealer. If you want it to show in the EVIC you will have to get the dealer to flash the computer and add it to the build. It will also show a canbus error which you won't be aware of. The dealer will see the error if they hook it up to their scan tool because the computer is seeing the brake controller which it doesn't know what it is.
At least that was my experience with my 2010. The controller worked fine before I had it flashed.

Reactions: westxsrt10
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.