DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2001 ram 1500 w/sport package and off-road package...White.

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  wermbang 
#1 ·
Greetings all,
my 2001 1500 sport/ off road package, Started to distort the 4, in-cab speakers when it became FREEZING cold here in Jersey. Thought it was the Jensen cd/radio/tape player on it's way out, so I then replaced the Jensen with a Pioneer cd/radio head unit. Started doing the same thing when cold. Low audio and no bass.........................I looked behind the glove box for a possible INFINITY amp, didn't see one. my question is, does Dodge put a "standard" OEM, factory installed amp at the factory?, because I believe my problem is in the factory amplifier, as two different head units produced the exact same distortion.

Any attention that anyone may show this question, is greatly appreciated by me.
Thanks.

GQ

#3 ·
I have a 2000 Ram with the basic (non Infinity) system in it. Right now the speakers are stock as well. I noticed a couple weeks ago what I think to be the same problem as Thecue is having. I figured out that if I turn the head unit off while my truck is running, it fixes the problem and the sound returns to normal. However sometimes when I am driving it goes back to being quiet. Im not sure what is causing this either. Looking forward to input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.