DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Nitto Terra Grapplers

5K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  GTyankee 
#1 ·
I am looking for some 295/70R18 tires for my 3/4 ram and the best price I could find was $242. Does this sound competitive to you guys? Any other AT tire recommendations that are less than $300/tire?

#5 ·
thanks for the input. right now im deciding between the toyo open country at, nitto terra grappler and the dune grappler. I am aiming for a high mileage all terrain tire(~50k+) is anyone running these? if so, what are your thoughts?

#6 ·
Well my dad has a set of terra grapplers on his 2500 cummins and all it ever does is haul the camper (a 36 footer) and he's got about 30,000 miles out of them. He messed up though and never rotated them so his back are starting to get down but his fronts still have plenty of tread. I'd imagine with proper rotation, they would last quite a while.

#7 ·
Also, my dad's friend has a set of dune grapplers and absolutely hates them. He says they get no traction in mud or off road for that matter. And he says he doesn't like the design either. His truck had them on there when he got it and he's gonna just wear them out and get a set of terra grapplers. The terra's are a really popular tire because of their success and aggressive looks.

#10 ·
the 285 is narrower than the 295 tho. He is probably looking for a 305/325/355(although 355 is massive) a 352/65 is approx a 35x12.5. My biggest problem is finding a decent load range E tire. I think I'm gonna go with nitto. I would rather try the dune grappler but everyone seems to have a problem with it so that makes my decision easy. plus its good to over 4000lbs a tire. @ 80PSI ofc.

#12 ·
to be honest I really dont know. My truck came with 17's and I swapped them for 18's. Josh is right, a 285 is going to be 1cm wider than the tires on your truck if the size you posted is correct. So a little less than half an inch wider. Im pretty sure the conversion is 2.54cm:1in.

#19 ·
im gonna go with the coopers too

#22 ·
IDK. I'm gonna go with the terra grapplers for now, @ less than $250 they are about $100 less per tire than what I was gonna get. The dura grappler(my guess its a nitto highway tire cuz of the tread) has a 45k and 60k mi warranty. The LT is whats killing me. since you have a half ton the load range D will help you a lot. You should look at the general grabber at2

#24 ·
you can to either go to the discount tire or tire rack websites, type in your vehicle & it will tell you what came stock & what will fit,
when you pick the tire that you would like, it tells you all about that tire too
heck you can even see what it will look like on your vehicle sometimes

http://www.tirerack.com
http://www.discounttire.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.