DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1500 Sport Min-Grey QC w/ RamBoxs (Pics included)

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  QuickSilv3r 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my Mineral Grey 1500 Sport Quad Cab with RamBoxs two weeks ago. I have put about 1300 miles on so far and I saw an average MPG (this is since I picked it up) of 20.9 and its been still going up! This is the Hemi 8 speed with 3.55 rear and that includes about a hundred miles of towing a 6,000 lb trailer with 700 lbs of people in the cab. I couldn't be happier with my truck.

Just for reference I previously had a RC Dakota sport with a v6 for 8 years. It got barely 18 MPG rounding up on pure highway miles. So I got a lot more truck, a heck of a lot more power and 3 MPG more! :smiley_thumbs_up:

The only issues I had found were a missing rubber strip between the bed and the cab on the drivers side and the hood is miss aligned but that'll take 10 minute to fix at the dealer so no big deal. But it did go through the 100 percent/point inspection on the assembly line so hopefully they didn't miss any thing else.

The pics I attached are bone stock the day I picked her up. My three dogs had to inspect the truck, they gave the final approval. :LOL:

So far I have added a Truxedo Lo-Pro cover and VAS rain guards. And I'm very happy with both of them. I'll have pics in my build thread, might take me a bit to get them posted as my phone takes pics twice the size as what I'm allowed to attach so I have to convert them all. And I'm too lazy to create a Photobucket account right now.

Here is the link to my build thread, hopefully I will update it by tomorrow.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=138570

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I picked up my Mineral Grey 1500 Sport Quad Cab with RamBoxs two weeks ago. I have put about 1300 miles on so far and I saw an average MPG (this is since I picked it up) of 20.9 and its been still going up! This is the Hemi 8 speed with 3.55 rear and that includes about a hundred miles of towing a 6,000 lb trailer with 700 lbs of people in the cab. I couldn't be happier with my truck.

Just for reference I previously had a RC Dakota sport with a v6 for 8 years. It got barely 18 MPG rounding up on pure highway miles. So I got a lot more truck, a heck of a lot more power and 3 MPG more! :smiley_thumbs_up:

The only issues I had found were a missing rubber strip between the bed and the cab on the drivers side and the hood is miss aligned but that'll take 10 minute to fix at the dealer so no big deal. But it did go through the 100 percent/point inspection on the assembly line so hopefully they didn't miss any thing else.

The pics I attached are bone stock the day I picked her up. My three dogs had to inspect the truck, they gave the final approval. :LOL:

So far I have added a Truxedo Lo-Pro cover and VAS rain guards. And I'm very happy with both of them. I'll have pics in my build thread, might take me a bit to get them posted as my phone takes pics twice the size as what I'm allowed to attach so I have to convert them all. And I'm too lazy to create a Photobucket account right now.
Very Nice.

double check that the locking mechanisms on the RAMboxes where looked at. that's what stopped mine in 100%, so not sure if it got addressed in yours or not.

#6 ·
Nice!! :smiley_thumbs_up:

The Sport headlights look like they were designed to go with the Min. Grey - really a great look.

if you have some pics of your interior, please post or give me a link. I ordered a Sport QC 8-speed but don't know what the console or shift buttons look like.

I like your dogs too.

#9 · (Edited)
I didn't actually take any yet, but I'd be happy to get some tomorrow morning and post them for you. I have the leather so if you ordered cloth it may be a bit different but the sifter nob and console should be them same.

Very nice. Makes me regret not getting the sport hood even more!
I originally didn't have it in my order but I was lucky enough to see a Min Grey with a sport hood drive by about a week after I place the order. Within minutes I called the dealer and was like, I screwed up big time.:LOL: Luckily he was able to get it added.

Very Nice.

double check that the locking mechanisms on the RAMboxes where looked at. that's what stopped mine in 100%, so not sure if it got addressed in yours or not.
Thanks for the heads up I'll double check them tomorrow.

And I do love the black accents on the grey I'll be doing a lot of experimenting with plasti dip pretty soon.

#13 ·
Very nice I miss my ram boxes. That and my 3.92's. of a few years of work if the bed gets banged up I plan to swap in one with ram boxes.

#16 ·
Oh yea they love to get the windows. The worst is you know as soon as you clean it there gonna be right back in there the next day.

Good to hear about the seat coolers. It hit 98 here today!

looking forward to seeing your pics
As promised here are some pics of the inside:
That quality of the interior is amazing, its very well thought out IMO. There is even a business card holder in the front of the center console.

#18 ·
Nice color ! - of course I would say that .. I have the same color !!!
Congrats .. looks great .. Enjoy !
Thanks! It has to be a great color its been around for 11+ years!

Oh and I just thought I'd though this little bit of info out for anyone who didn't know it. With the park sense on these, the trucks will stop themselves if you get to close to something. It was quite frightening the first time my truck just stopped moving in reverse.:LOL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.