DODGE RAM FORUM banner

I have a question but I don't have a Ram.Dakota.

690 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Toms Blue Ram 1500 
#1 ·
I have a 2k dakota and the fan relay melted to the fuse block. Now either my ecm is fried, but truck still runs or the wire going to the ecm is dead now. I just want to know if I can run a wire from the new relay off where the old wire was and wire it directly to the wire coming from the ecm?

#6 ·
Lol.

Yea I wish i knew some dodge fans that lived in denton tx. I got two exhaust manifold bolds that are snapped off and the leak on each side is starting to get bad lol. I'll keep checking around, there has to be some way to bypass it without testing every inch of wire.

#7 ·
Hey, I'm from denton, lol. Told you I'd help you, but right now it's too darn hot to screw with it. I set up your fan already, lol. You got two months till inspection, we'll get you set before then, I promise. As far as the exaust manifold, you need to get the drill bit and tap, and I'll fix that too.

#8 ·
The first thing you need to do is find out WHY the relay melted. Is the fan motor locked up or hard to turn? Short in the power wire to the fan from the relay? Loose connection on the relay pins that caused heat to build up? Second, is the fuse for the fan over-amped? If the fuse is correct then chances are you have a poor connection somewhere or a bad fan motor.

I would advise getting a replacement PDC from a salvage yard once you know the root cause of the problem.

#9 ·
Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . We have more than Rams on the site . Remerson 228 is a Chrysler/Dodge technician at a dealer in Tenn. He doesn't own a Ram , he owns a Dakota also . All who join this site are welcome . If you could go to the top of the page to the User Cp and complete your profile that would be great . Helps us see what you have when your posting a question or comment . Do you have any pictures of your truck ? Have you done any mods or have plans for any ? Any of your friends have Rams ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.