DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Error code help...

937 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  spyderdiablo 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. My trucks' been running ok till this morning. Jumped in it for the weekly flea market run, and had no problems till I got ready to leave. Started up the truck, and the damn CEL came on. Went to autozone to check it out, and they pulled a "P0340" and a "P1398". Was told I needed a new camshaft pos sensor. Bought one, and on the way home, the CEL went off. Couple of hours passed, and I figured I would take the pick-up back since the light went off. Made the 4 mile trip to the store, left the truck idling with the A/C on (103 degree heat outside), got in the truck, and guess what...CEL again. Go back to autozone, had the codes pulled again, and they were the same codes. The part seller said my timing chain was prob stretched. So, I bought a kit that had the cam sprocket, crank sprocket, and the chain. The truck doesn't have any drivability issues that are noticable with the light on. No problems cranking or anything. What the hell do I do, I don't want to tear into this if I don't have to because I have to be at work at 6 in the morning. BTW, I am able to do all the work myself, just wanna know what the problem could be. Thanks alot in advance.

#4 ·
Thanks Tom. That's what I thought. It was just weird that it would be intermittent like that. Truth be told, I told my fiancee this morning on the way to the flea market that the truck seemed to be running better than normal, then this pops up, lmao. I didn't want to tackle the timing chain tonight anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.