DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2013 Ram Uconnect Next Generation Radio

10K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Zixxer 
#1 ·
The new radio for the 2013 Ram is completely different from the 2012 Rams

There will be 4 different radios
R1, R2, R3, & R4

The base 2013 Ram radio will be the Media Center R1; it has a four-line text display, USB input, and iPod integration, with an optional CD player.

The R2 adds a five-inch touch-screen, speed-controlled volume, satellite radio, phone and voice control, EVIC personalization, and GPS receiver; a rearview camera and remote CD player are optional.

The next-generation UConnect comes with the next stereos. The UConnect R3 (8.4 inch touch-screen) adds UConnect Access, including crash notification, 911 or roadside assistance calls, monthly vehicle health reports, voice texting, WiFi hotspots (pay per use), dead-reckoning with gyro, and optional rear-seat Blu-Ray DVD player; buyers can pay $595 to upgrade it with navigation.

But those who want navigation should get the R4, which costs only $500 more, and also includes HD radio. A CD player is in the lower storage bin of the center console.

(some systems have a application quite a bit like the ONSTAR in GM vehicles) :smiledown:

Read more about the new radios here
http://www.allpar.com/corporate/tech/uconnect.html

See less See more
#2 ·
you would think we would have the option for HD radio on the 11 and 12's

#3 ·
I got the 8.4a R3 (NAV Ready) in mine. It was a pain to get the NAV setup. Originally the sales guy said that the NAV was an app that could be downloaded via the uconnect store. Long store short, I took it to another dealer (not the one I bought it from) and they called Chrysler and got the NAV activated. It was so new to them that they didnt even charge me. Pretty sure they're $595 to get activated... I got lucky.

#7 ·
Thank you! This helped me with a lot of questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.