DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Whels-Tires the works

828 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  newfiebullet 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I am the proud owner of a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 sport quad 5.9 4x4 tow pkg. Got my truck a month or so ago for 2,500 power everything heated leather seats infiniti sound system loaded think I got one hell of a deal on it. I will be purchasing my 20x9 black Raceline Raptor wheels and 305/55r20 Falken Rockey Mountain ATS tires. Getting a Daystar 2" leveling kit and Daystar swaybar and end links. Now for my shocks I was looking at the Rancho RS5000 shocks. How are they for a dd and do they handle the abuse offroad? what do yall think in the way of a good on and off road shock? Should I also get a caster/camber kit to help with alignment can be had cheep? Will alsow be getting the Stampede Rough Riderz pocket style fender flares to help cover up the rust on the wheel wells "looking for a new bed just not for 2k" and complete the beefier look with the wider tires. Have any of yall used these flares hows the fit and finish on them? Now for exhaust anyone running the Gibson Exhaust dual sport aluminum exhaust system? How does it sound and how is gibsons quality? Also will be looking for a used Superchips 3715 tuner. Or should I look for something else for tuning? Also getting a Trick flo intake an tb spacer. What kind of gearing should I change too and should I get a shift kit? And some more body parts stubby antena, Tow Mirrors, Hood scoop, Tailgate spoiler, Rain guards, Rekon smoked lights all the way around, locking billet gas door, Iron cross hd foot steps, Kc light bar or N Fab, BAK flip folding tonneau cover etc etc etc. I have lots in stoe for my truck this is just the start. I will post pics as soon as my parts start coming in. Might just do a build thread. Any and or all comments or sugestions are appreaceated. Here are some pics of my truck rt now.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, a lot of questions in one post! haha

Sounds like you have a decent plan in place. I'm sure everything you have your eyes on will work great. Sometimes I don't hear great things about day star, but I think you are limited when it comes to leveling the earlier 3rd gen rams (like you have). Tire/wheel combo sound perfect.

Gibson exhaust, not a lot of people run it, but those who do love it...solid choice.

forget a TB spacer...worthless on fuel injected motors, they work better for carb set ups. Intakes will make it sound good at WOT and look good under the hood but don't expect a bunch of ponies and MPG gain.

All the other mods seem great. Contact bullysperformance here on the forum (supporting vendor and solid guys to deal with) they should be able to get you most of this stuff at the cheapest prices on the net.

Andrew & Jeremiah are their names.

fastNugly @ BP is Andrew's username here.

#3 ·
Thanks for your thoughts man and Andrew is who I have been talking to on here. Was goin to get a lift kit from him but instead decided to put the money elsewhere in the truck for now but I will for shure be hitting him up with a list of stuff for my truck soon. Anyone else with any thoughts on my mod plans?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.