DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ebay headers!?

7K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  NRA4ever 
#1 ·
Does anybody have any knowledge on or an opinion on the stainless steel headers from EBAY? I'm sure they are better than stock as far as flow but for about $150 or so are they really worth it? :4-dontknow:

#3 ·
thats true! None of them are name brands of any kind. One is DNA MOTORING, another is KOSpeed?? one is made of T304 stainless steel which unfortunately I don't know the good from the bad in that area. Thanks MADDOG

G
#4 ·
T304 ss is the lower grade but adequate for headers, IMHO.

Key specs to focus on with headers are:

1. Material specification, flange. The thicker the better.

2. Material specification, tubes. The lower the gauge number the better.

3. Are they coated? Coatings are preferred, such as a ceramic coating, to protect the material from rust, corrosion and discoloring.

4. Do they come with gaskets? Most don't and that's no big deal as the gasket sets usually supplied suck. Get a good set.

5. Collector cone material specification. Will probably be the same as the tubes.

One other suggestion. Get a set of Stage 8 fasteners. These will not back out and create a leak problem.

#5 ·
Ok, they do come with gaskets and I don't believe they are coated. Thats what I was wondering about with the stainless steel is the discoloring. Not sure about the rest but I will just save up for the better ones I think. Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.