DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Anyone have a Radar Detector?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  rockdoc 
#1 ·
First off Merry Christmas Z....i know there are lots of law men and women on her but ive been watching lots of youtube videos bout the valentine1 radar detector and it looks kinda cool i was thinkin of pickin one up maybe. Just wondering if anyone has one or has heard much about em.

#4 ·
iv heard good things about them and you being in ontario just make sure its a un detectable one lol

#5 ·
All of my buddies used to run them and I have been in alot of cars with them. To many false alarms for me. I have always been a passport fan. I've had a 7500, 8500, and now the 9500ix. Best detector I've ever had. Almost no false alarms. GPS equipped. You can mark speed traps and it will remind you and displays your MPH's on the screen. Pretty useful.

#6 ·
9500ix. Best detector I've ever had. Almost no false alarms. GPS equipped. You can mark speed traps and it will remind you and displays your MPH's on the screen. Pretty useful.
Agree'd, I run Passports and will continue to run them. My 9500ix is the best one I've owned, I also have a 8500 In my wifes car .... IMOP the valentines are over priced

#8 ·
I've always ran the cheapie Cobras... so far they've done OK.

Exco

#9 · (Edited)
Valentine one. Without question the best. Built by Passports leading man who split from passport and designed it. Owned all the passports over the years including 75-85-and 9500. This one is just better. I drive a ton of miles up the Alaska hiway to to work and back to Calgary and it just works better. Put my 9500 and Valentine on windshield at the same time and the Valentine consistently "hits" earliest. Too expensive??. one ticket makes it cheaper. Regardless of instrument you cannot put 100% faith in them and must pay attention and keep you eyes open A "judas goat" to follow a mile behind is also really helpful (Lol). Valentines' nice features are positional awareness, (is it behind you, beside you, in front), number and priority of threats and gives you the most dangerous threat, ie laser, as first priority AND all other lesser contacts at the same time. Really good unit. Just my two bits worth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.