DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling

Notices

Heating & Cooling 4th Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram CC Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brillient Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Black Warlock is on a distinguished road

I have this same problem and it just started after the holidays. I'm gonna see what the dealer says about it on Tuesday when I take it in for the rear pinion nut recall which they have to do the complete rebuild. Hopefully they will look after me since I don't have warrenty anymore on my 09 CC Laramie.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
JSBake7 is on a distinguished road

So this issue has been a curse for my truck.

I've got a 2009 1500 4x4 CC Laramie, and I have had to deal with this 5 times. The first time, it was of course covered by the recall. Time #2, I argued with the service guys and they covered the fix at no cost because it obviously wasn't done right the first time. Time #3, I was deployed and my wife brought it in and they charged her $250 to fix it. Occurrence #4, I was home and brought it in and the young service guy just said, oh this is the recall and didn't charge me.

Now, for the 5th time, I brought my truck in and they want to charge me $870. The service rep told me, oh this is the drivers side gear this time not the recall issue. I told him he was full of crap, then he tells me maybe we can negotiate the cost of the fix. I tell him well that must mean you truly are trying to screw me.

I'm calling the number on the recall sheet today. Wish I had seen the phone number before (eh, stupid me). Although the do it yourself fix is really looking interesting to me! I may give it a try, after I drive to a different dodge dealer to buy a new actuator!

Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations ? So far, I'm the only person Ive seen on the forum to need multi-fixes and it never solves the issue?

Thanks for the help!
JB
Old 02-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi
Trim Level: SLT
Color: RED
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
johnsrt4 is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem and of course mine stops working when I just worked a ten hour shift and come out of work to over a foot of snow and no defroster. Called the dealership who says the recall has already been done so they are not sure they could replace the actuator under the recall. I got of the phone with Chrysler and they told me the same thing it may not be fixed under the recall even tho it has failed after the recall has already been done. At this point I'm not very happy. It is only a 25$ part but why the hell wouldn't they replace it free of charge when there was a recall on two actuators and the reprogram of the module. They guy from Chrysler said they only replaced the actuators if they seemed to be damaged well maybe they were slightly damaged at the time of the recall and not replaced and now they failed.. This should be a no questions no cost repair if you ask me seeing there is a recall for it. Anyone else have this problem with the dealer/ chrysler?