DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New mods

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  harleydodge1 
#1 ·
Whats goin on everybody.

Just finised up with 2 mods for my new 2012 ram 1500. I bought a 1500 Souther Express bout a month ago and did a muffler swap for a cherry bomb sounds pretty good and the dynos for a hemi have a wider tork range than stock. Also cut out the fake hood scoops in the sport hood that came from factory and made them functional. took me 2 days cutting each hole and glueing in the screen backer. sofar this truck is great, still cant beleive im not driving a ford seeings that all ive ever had before this truck.

#10 ·
Yes what is the Souther Express.. first time hearing that,,, did a google nothing

#12 ·
I will post some pics as soon as i figure out how to do it. A southern express is pretty much an express truck with extra crome trim. The scoops do not blow straight to the air intake, they blow into the engine compartment wich should cool the engine by bout 10 degrees. i like it so far other than a bit of water in the engine compartment. could betrouble with a cold air but i think a water proof cover will do.

#14 ·
yes please do so

#16 ·
update for this post

aright. did the hood mod and is working pretty well, the onl problem i see is i cannot put a open cold air intake in such as K&N as water will get into the filter and possibly cause hydrolock, this according to K&N. but i see there are closed box systems. i am currently looking at Volant. They have closed box air intake systems that i think will work. all in all i like this mod for the hood scoops and have seen a little difference in the temp guage in the truck. i like functionality fake stuff dirves me nuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.