DODGE RAM FORUM banner

SRT 10 Wheels and Rubbing Issues

8K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  blackexpress15 
#1 ·
I have been reading alot of talk about the SRT 10 Wheels (22x10) and them fitting for some people but rubbing for others. Just trying to get a straight answer before I pull the trigger. Tire size I am looking at is the 305/45R22, going with the 45 series because I will only be doing the 2 inch rear GF drop. So the question is will they rub or not? If they do rub what size spacers will I need? My truck is a 2012 Express Quad Cab 1500 Hemi 2wd.

#3 ·
Mine rub at full lock, but it doesn't bother me and you really shouldn't turn that far anyway, not good on the steering system.

#4 ·
I'm putting RT 22" wheels on my 2012 1500 Sport and am going with 305/45/22 tire size also. I checked manufacturers section widths of all available 305's and found that a lot of 305 tires have a section width of 11.9-12 inches. Yokohama Parada SpecX in 305/45/22 have a section width of 11.5 inches so that might reduce rubbing and also the need for spacers while still keeping over all height the same as factory 20"s. I also agree that turning full lock is unnecessary so I won't be needing spacers.

#11 ·
I'm pretty sure I checked into that when I bought mine, and they were the same as OEs.

#10 ·
Biggest issue is the difference in tire sizes between brands. One brand's 305/45 may be an inch wider or narrower than another brand's 305/45. Plus tire companies grind tires down slightly on the tread shoulders to help with roadforce issues.

#12 ·
FF12- I'm sure many will be interested in how this comes out. Both the rubbing issue and the final look. Please post some side shots when done. Since you are planning exactly what I'm interested in -
Have you checked out this link on tire/wheel size info?
I found it on this forum...
http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

#13 ·
That's exactly the setup I have. 305/45x22 SRT Reps on Lexani rubber, 2" rear drop, and 1/4" spacers all the way around. The wheels don't stick out, i still get the slightest rub at full lock (rubber, not metal), but the look is def worth it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.