DODGE RAM FORUM banner

4x4 vs. 2wd

5K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
First off I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab Mineral Gray 2wd. I am looking into getting the CST 7" lift. My question is how can the 4x4 Rams run 37s with only a 6" lift but the 2wd can only run 35s with this 7" lift?

#6 ·
Seems that the 4x4 lift kits consist of the subframe drop kit while the CST 7 inch lift for 4x2 is bigger spindles and spacers and replacement spring depending which route you go.

#12 ·
I personally didnt have a need for 4x4 which is why I got the 2wd and saved myself 3 grand.. I do have LSD so if i wanted to go offroad it would do pretty good. Looking at 20x12 Moto Metal 962 -44 offset on 35x12.5 R20 Toyo MT tires. Anyone know if these will rub being that wide?

#14 ·
Yes I planned on getting the CST Lift. Also was thinking about regearing to 4.56. Been reading alot about it. Any info on if our trucks can even get 4.56 to fit? I only see 4.10 own gears. Any additional info will be helpful. Will the regearing help with gas mileage?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.