DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Powertrain > 5.9L V8 Specific Topics

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-18-2013, 09:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2000 dodge ram van 1500
Color: white
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
data is on a distinguished road
Angry NO WARNING! sys shut down while driving

i'm driving and out of no where the engine and dash gauges, completely shuts down. I pull the hood and i disconnect the pcm bulk connect and reconnect them and then dash gauges are alive again so now the van will crank. The Bulk head connectors have been replaced.
Now for the next problem. My engine light is on and the code scanner shows the code for the idle air control, I replaced it three times thinking the auto parts store gave me a defective part. Now keep in mind the shut down problem was going on 6months before the engine light and i took the van to a dodge dealer in Columbus GA. and they kept it 3 days and said they could not find anything wrong. 3 to 6 months later i took the van to the dodge dealer again and they cleaned the throttle body and told me they needed to replace 2 of the bulk connectors, so with everything done i continued having the shut down problem and now gained a knew one, the engine light on with the code saying IAC.
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2013, 12:27 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a scan tool? If you do, use it in the real time mode so you can see what the computer is seeing. Check to see what the IAC is feeding to the computer. I'm thinking you may have a broken wire somewhere so the computer isn't seeing anything from it.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT - Quad Cab
Color: Graphite Metalic
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:118
tjbiker031 will become famous soon enoughtjbiker031 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by data View Post
i'm driving and out of no where the engine and dash gauges, completely shuts down. I pull the hood and i disconnect the pcm bulk connect and reconnect them and then dash gauges are alive again so now the van will crank. The Bulk head connectors have been replaced.
Now for the next problem. My engine light is on and the code scanner shows the code for the idle air control, I replaced it three times thinking the auto parts store gave me a defective part. Now keep in mind the shut down problem was going on 6months before the engine light and i took the van to a dodge dealer in Columbus GA. and they kept it 3 days and said they could not find anything wrong. 3 to 6 months later i took the van to the dodge dealer again and they cleaned the throttle body and told me they needed to replace 2 of the bulk connectors, so with everything done i continued having the shut down problem and now gained a knew one, the engine light on with the code saying IAC.
What exactly does the code say or is the DTC code? Its mostlikely a circuit problem....

Get your Factory Manuals here!! <link fixed>
Old 10-14-2013, 09:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:10
RyanLee25 is on a distinguished road

I had a similiar issue with my truck. It would just randomly die when driving. If I waited 10 mins it would restart and drive fine. But I could never get a code to throw. It end up being my crank sensor. I replaced that after about 10 other parts, but that is the one that fixed it.