DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Splash Guards - How many owners installed?

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  primo spaghetti 
#1 ·
There are many posts relating to Splash/Mud Guards on the Forum. Some say they like them, others not so much, and I have read comments saying the sides of the trucks still get sprayed with salt/mud. I have a 14' Sport with wtw steps and am limited to what guards I can use in the front, and would most likely fabricate if I decided to install them. Before I consider fabrication/installation, I was wondering how many owners actually have Splash Guards on their RAM and how many do not; sort of a poll. So please post, and comment on the pros and cons of Spash Guards.

#2 ·
#3 ·
I have aftermarket WTW steps and Husky flaps. I can drive down a muddy road and nothing gets on the painted parts of the truck. Driving in rainy sloppy weather you still end up getting dirty from road spray from other vehicles. I have been very happy with mine so far.

#4 ·
I also have aftermarket wtw side step and have the huskyliner mudflaps front and rear, very easy to install. As ApexCars says, keeps most of the crap off but you are still going to get dirty if it is really sloppy out.
I like mine, I hate following vehicles that don't have any, then u get really dirty.:LOL:

#8 ·
I've got Weathertechs and they were a super easy install and look OK. My buddy got the Huskys and I think they look better with about an inch more coverage in width and height. His however are slightly twisted in the front by hitting the wtw steps (barely noticeable but I was looking for it). My Weathertechs do not touch the steps.

#9 ·
I have the factory Mopar ones on mine. They work well. I drive about 6 miles of dirt road every day, no mud flaps = no paint left on the bottom of my body after about a years worth of driving on my roads. Learned that the hard way with my 2011.

#15 ·
i had to install the Mopar ones for this reason. my rockers and door bottoms on my 2010 were peppered with rock chips...cost me 300 bucks to have the chips filled then i installed the molar moulded flaps

Installed the Factory molded and they scratched my paint after only 4000 miles. I would have not know they were scratching the paint had I not found that out on a forum, the post sugested using a piece of clear body mask guard cut to fit the contact area to protect the paint from the flaps.The factory ones also turn gray in just a few days of sitting in the sunlight.Maybe the Husky's would be a better choice for molded flaps ?
hit the flaps with a product called quartz dlux...no more grey.

#12 ·
I have the Mopar HD rubber flaps since the molded ones won't fit with the Outdoorsman fender flares. Very happy with them and easy to install. The first week I had the truck (before the install) we had a bunch of snow and my truck looked horrible with all the snow, grim and sand stuck to the side of it.

#14 ·
Installed the Factory molded and they scratched my paint after only 4000 miles. I would have not know they were scratching the paint had I not found that out on a forum, the post sugested using a piece of clear body mask guard cut to fit the contact area to protect the paint from the flaps.The factory ones also turn gray in just a few days of sitting in the sunlight.Maybe the Husky's would be a better choice for molded flaps ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.