DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Truck goodies done

4K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  Mopar Big Horn 
#1 ·
So last week I got my timbrens done and yesterday my 5" tips came in. So today I got em all welded up and done and I'm very happy with the results. I was looking at getting a 2.25-4" adaptor but realized that the factory exhaust tip is basically an adaptor so after some cutting and welding I was able to use the factory tip as the adaptor and was able to re install the ball connection for adjustment. Here's some pix. Only took bout 45 minutes start to finish

Was gonna leave it like this but the girlfriend didn't approve:LOL:

And here is my adaptor it was just tack welded in this pic but I did weld the seem up solid

And here is finished product

The tips I got off ebay $31 a peice they are double walled polished stainless. If anyone looking to do 5" tips and dosent wanna pay out the ass this is the route to go. I got $75 invested into these finished product

See less See more
Reactions: KA1OTE
#8 ·
Thanks guys! I can't stop looking at them when ever I walk by my truck.. It makes it look soooooooo much better after seeing the stick tips they just look so tiny now. And the truck actually sounds better the tips give it a more aggressive sound it seems

#9 ·
Nice job!!!:smiley_thumbs_up: Good looking ride. I was wondering after I had my shorty put back on, after flowmaster install, that maybe I should have went with bigger pipes. So you think it makes it sound meaner?

#10 ·
Yea I think for sure it made a difference. It's hard to explain but it changed the sound of the exhaust. Has more of a bassier lower tone to it

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks! That is exactly what I am looking for more "bassier" I turned down the bigger pipe because of money, but now that I am back to work I may just have to go back to the shop. I do not have the ability of welding like you do.

#12 ·
Thanks! That is exactly what I am looking for more "bassier" I turned down the bigger pipe because of money, but now that I am back to work I may just have to go back to the shop. I do not have the ability of welding like you do.
That's awesome! It's always good when u can do stuff yourself not only to save money but take pride in it aswell. Most pix when your done

#14 ·
I think it just changed the tone a bit not sure if its any louder... It could be but not much. An yes the look of them is awesome fills out the holes in the bumper better ad just suits the truck. In my opinion it's a must have

#15 ·
I also have a 14" magnaflow muffler and thought about doing the 5" tips also but wasn't sure about the sound. I don't mind a little noise but I'd prefer the bassier tone and definitely want the look of bigger tips, maybe I can find a deal on some tips. Thanks for your opinion.

#16 ·
That's the same set up I have with the 14" magnaflow I love it.

#18 ·
Those look great, and if they give a bassier sound that is what I want. Any chance you can put up the link to those???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.