DODGE RAM FORUM banner

front axle actuator

741 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  12Valver 
#1 ·
hi everyone i don't know if this is the right area to post but here it is. looked around and used the search area but not to good at finding things. my son has picked up a 96 2500 diesel with a automatic trans. after moving it around a few times this winter it has developed a little problem, the actuator valve seems to have a hole rusted through it. any info on how to change this or advise. thanks in advance Barry

#2 ·
Hi Barry....I also own a 96 & had same problem. A corrosion hole in actuator (amongst so much other rusting issues...it's sad). I don't remember where I picked up a new actuator from but replacing it was a pretty simple job. Once these actuators get holes, because it works off of vacuum, it will not work. Must be replaced. Also check the tubing vac lines that operate it. They're probably almost gone as well. I reaced mind with rubber vac hose. 4 bolts that hold it to the axle. Make sure you get the whole assembly. Comes with a gasket as well. Just make sure the "fork" is aligned when you re-install. You'll see what I mean when you pull old one out. Good luck......Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.