DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dead Pedal

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bsoren 
#1 ·
I'm experiencing a dead throttle after cruising for a couple of minutes at around 50mph. I'll try to accelerate and nothing happens. If I push the pedal to the floor, the trans will kick down and I'll accelerate. Also, when I experience the dead pedal, if I let up and then push the pedal, it will accelerate. I'm experiencing no codes but I think the apps (TPS) may be the culprit. Any suggestions?:4-dontknow:

#2 ·
You need to check for codes by cycling the ignition switch on and off three times. It sounds like your injector pump (VP44) is failing. I had this happen with our '01 5 speed truck. Dead pedal is usually the first sign. When you get your code or codes in the odometer window, google search them.

-Joe

#3 ·
Anyone have a dead pedal on their 2014? Im not expecting great response like my mustang but on the initial push (up to 1/2 to 1 inch of depression) nothing happens..? The ford fusion rental car I drove last week was better than my truck.. any ideas/help? Cant find a thread about it. Thanks!

#4 ·
My 2014 Ram 3500 is terrible with a dead pedal issue. I take off to make left turns and have to make sure I have a lot of room. Almost been hit a couple times and I started out with plenty of room to make the turn. Getting very frustrated. Any suggestions? Hoping they come out with some software upgrades. Personally I think they may have given all that torque and power but maybe did not engineer the mechanicals to be able to handle it so have to feed it to you slowly. Trying to trade to a Ford. I need power and am all Mopar but this is getting frustrating.

#6 ·
I was in Saltillo Mexico the past couple weeks on business and was able to speak with guys from the assembly plant there about my dead pedal issue on my 2014 diesel. I was told they do have an issue and are working on it. I was told a new flash will be available in 6 or 7 months but a fix is coming so I guess I will be patient. I will update here when I hear from the engineers. I have exchanged emails and was told they will keep me up to date. I am glad I was finally able to get an acknowledgement that there was an issue and they are working on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.