DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Power Folding Mirrors

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  SAMMAN 
#1 ·
I am trying to convert my 2014 Ram Sport from Tow mirrors to the standard power folding mirrors.

I purchased some power folding mirrors along with the necessary door modules and drivers side window switch. I swapped the power folding mirrors, modules and switch onto my Ram and got everything to work except for the power folding feature.

In order to get this feature to work, my rams configuration has to be changed by engineering and the new sales codes for the power folding feature have to be flashed to the BCM.

While this procedure has been done at several dealers in the U.S. my dealer after discussing with engineering here in Toronto says they are not allowed to do it. In addition they tell me that the power folding code LER is a US code only. Is this B.S.?

Is there anyone in Canada that has done this swap successfully?

#2 ·
I haven't done the swap, but my 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman has the power folding mirrors, so it's not an US only thing. In fact I didn't even know my truck had it until I accidentally hit the button and the mirrors folded in! LMAO

#5 ·
I thought it might be obvious that l know that it is not only a US thing. If you read my post you will see that l removed my trailer tow mirrors and installed power folding mirrors. I am just trying to get them to power fold. In order for that to happen the BCM must be flashed with the LER sales code. My CDN dealership is telling me that they won't do it and that code is only a US code.
Is that clear enough for You?
I know the power fold works in Canada so thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.