DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Sport wheels, what's best to clean them?

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Brad Pitt 
#1 ·
Got my new sport yesterday, and found a bunch of crap stuck on the wheels, looks like brake dust but with 5 miles I'm not sure. Anyway, it is hard to get off and tough to get the wheels clean, then the water spots em like crazy. What do you guys use to scrub these wheels? Are they clear coated or just aluminum?

#6 ·
I put Wolfgang 3.0 sealant on mine then followed it with a good coat of Collinite 845. Now everything just washes off with soap and water. Seal and wax about once every 6 months. I have the chrome clad wheels.
Jay
a wax or a sealant/coating is the way to go once you get them clean.

to clean the first time around, look to P21s wheel cleaner, Sonax wheel cleaner, or a new on from 1z einszett called colorTec wheel cleaner.

excellent products

#5 ·
I put Wolfgang 3.0 sealant on mine then followed it with a good coat of Collinite 845. Now everything just washes off with soap and water. Seal and wax about once every 6 months. I have the chrome clad wheels.
Jay

#9 ·
I bought a bottle of Mcguire's all wheel cleaner and it didn't phase the "stains" on the wheels. I scrubbed and scrubbed a lot and they still looked like crap.

So I took the truck to the dealer and my friend there (he sold me the truck) used some Nevr Dull wadding cleaner. Everything came right off and the rim looks perfect now! I'm sold on this stuff, it worked so quick and perfect outcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.