DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Used 2014 Hemis with single exhaust? What gives?

4K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  gunner01 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a new truck, I'm going tomorrow to look at a 2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi crew cab. From the pics it has single exhaust. I called Ram, gave them the VIN, and they said the truck came with dual exhaust as all 2014 Hemis. Since then, I've notice the same thing at some other dealerships. These are low mileage trucks, badged Hemi, but have a straight chrome rear bumper and a single exhaust pipe. Can anybody enlighten me as to what is going on?

#25 ·
This.

My Outdoorsman has a single exhaust. VERY slight disappointment at that, because I do like the way the factory duals look, but only a bit. The truck is so perfect in every other way ... :smiley_thumbs_up:

#7 ·
The slt does not come with dual exhaust. Who ever told you that all hemi have dual exhaust was wrong. I've seen some on the lots. A dealer sent me a link to one that had single exhaust.

#9 ·
I was looking at 14.the link I got and some I saw on the lot all 14 no 13 had single exhaust on the slt. I hate telling you this but there are 14 slt out there with single exhaust.

#14 ·
Dual exhaust comes on the express and the bighorn with the hemi. It's not standard on a slt. I don't know if it's available on the slt. It's not available on the outdoorsman.

#18 ·
I was looking at an Outdoorsman and Big Horn that were almost identical. I had read the outdoorsman had single exhaust and I wanted the dual so I was leaning towards the Big Horn. When the salesman showed me the outdoorsman it had the dual exhaust.

Also I believe the ram material said the outdoorsman wasn't available with the all time 4wd mode (i.e. it had a different transfer case). But I confirmed this Outdoorsman had the same 4wd modes that the Big Horn did.

Doc

#19 ·
The CC 6.4 Outdoorsmen seem to come with full time 4wd.

My dad's SLT is single exhaust, though it is a 2009.

The Big Horn, Lone Star, Express, Sport, and all the Laramies come with dual exhaust. Its not a true dual though, its a single in/dual out.

#20 ·
If you like the truck buy it, most likely you would swap out mufflers anyway since you are so concerned with the exhaust in the first place. The stock factory duals are quiet. I see people giving away theirs duels for free. Just be patient.

#29 ·
If it doesn't have the cutout's in the bumper then it's a pretty safe bet it came from the factory with single exhaust..Unless maybe if it was hit in the rear and it was cheaper to do the strait bumper and single exhaust.

My old 2015 SLT came with duals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.